Reflecting on Glastonbury 2015

Apone

14 hours ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

Literally, first Glasto last year, wow. What a place, just incredible, all I can think about most of the time ahah, keep trying to explain to people who havent been why they have to go. So good! 

Has that affect on everyone first time round. Magical isn't it? I really enjoy hearing how Glastonbury debutants enjoy it so much and are blown away by it. Most of my party had never been before last year either and they are all back and bringing more friends to the party too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

the best I've ever seen them that set was incredible - I'm not sure the 2nd encore was intended - I could see the band walking away, then they heard the crowd and came back

I must admit, they lost something for me when Devlin left.  But I've only seen them once in the post-Devlin form, perhaps I should give them another shot...

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed 2015, although it was a completely different experience than usual. For a start I worked, so I was on site Monday - Monday, and had to get up at 5am on Friday through to Monday for shifts, so that impacted on what I could do late-nightwise. Secondly I went alone, and actually made it to the eFests meet for the first time. And lastly, TBH, there wasn't much on the lineup that appealed. So I spent a LOT of time in Theatre and Circus, the Greenfields, craft fields, etc., doing 'anything but music', and it was actually fantastic. Saw loads of comedy, spoken word, and random stuff. I loved it. But I might try to see a few more bands at 2016's festival...

That sunset on the Wednesday was the best I've ever seen at Glastonbury, followed up by being up at the top of Kings Meadow for the opening ceremony with the fire dancers and stuff. One of my favourite memories. Want to do it again this year but then part of me doesn't want to risk spoiling the great memory I have of those few hours.

Those fella's up the pole too. Mad lads.

12622242_975957409145711_8501134498144937426_o.jpg

My favourite glastonbury. Loved all of it. Every second of it. I was far too sunburnt, but didn't give a shit. I forgot my coat, didn't care when it pissed down.

I was nicely hammered for 90% of it and screwed on Sunday night.

Saw a lot of acts I had never seen before: Future Islands, King Gizzard, Motorhead, Mary J Blige, Super Furry Animals, The Proclaimers, Leftfield, Shlomo, Dreadzone, Cassetteboy and others. Finished with Chemical Brothers, who I had seen before.

Musically it was diverse and really enjoyable, only the Charlatans were crap.

Charlatans were crap, although I do have the amusing memory from that gig of me and my friends (in our mid to late twenties) nursing our first cans of the day, while a group of 45 to 55 year olds were drinking vodka straight from the bottle in front of us.

They were off their tits.

Put us to shame! :)