Parking

stabbyjess

Ah, ok..... Wondered about that .... was trying to plan where abouts to try for camping, based on which car park area but no point in that by the sounds of it lol

First time there for me so learning as I go along and these forums are a fantastic mix of information from very helpful people. Thanks for your help with my latest query :)

2 minutes ago, Glasto_First said:

Ah, ok..... Wondered about that .... was trying to plan where abouts to try for camping, based on which car park area but no point in that by the sounds of it lol

First time there for me so learning as I go along and these forums are a fantastic mix of information from very helpful people. Thanks for your help with my latest query :)

The directions on the website will dictate which way you come in though. This might give you a better idea http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-car/

Thanks. 

Was hoping to head to one of the quieter camping areas, so will see what ppl recommend at both sides of the site and take it from there but may just have to take it as it comes ... first time at Glastonbury, so just can't wait to get there & know it's gonna be fantastic wherever we end up camped :)

39 minutes ago, Glasto_First said:

Thanks. 

Was hoping to head to one of the quieter camping areas, so will see what ppl recommend at both sides of the site and take it from there but may just have to take it as it comes ... first time at Glastonbury, so just can't wait to get there & know it's gonna be fantastic wherever we end up camped :)

If you're looking for quieter, may I recommend coming in from the West? As far as I'm aware the quieter ones are that side 

That's good to know, thank you. I have no idea which direction we'll approach from, having never been before. Coming from Ireland, on the ferry then driving from Liverpool. So not sure which side that initially places us at...

Edited by Glasto_First

1 hour ago, Glasto_First said:

That's good to know, thank you. I have no idea which direction we'll approach from, having never been before. Coming from Ireland, on the ferry then driving from Liverpool. So not sure which side that initially places us at...

Either side mate, just choose your route wisely long before you get to the farm 

3 hours ago, Glasto_First said:

You have a choice when planning your trip. 

image.png

3 hours ago, Glasto_First said:

West is easiest (its the same way we come from Lancashire).  If you want quiter then West is best!  

We've got campervan east so have to piss about in Bristol to get over to the other side!

1 hour ago, stuwilky said:

West is easiest (its the same way we come from Lancashire).  If you want quiter then West is best!  

We've got campervan east so have to piss about in Bristol to get over to the other side!

M4 to Tormarton, through Bath, Frome and down.  Adds about 20 miles but avoids a lot of jams