5/6 man tent size at what point is it taking the mickey

Respectfatfrog

Hi guys

I'm currently looking for a 5/6 man tent for me my wife and kid and while I'm planning on camping in the wicket ground I'm looking for a tent you can stand up in.

here's a couple of ideas I have but I'm not sure if the space will allow or if I'm going to struggle to get it up. I'm looking to arrive on the Tuesday night Wednesday morning.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Da-Gama-Front-Extension/dp/B00BSSB8C2

http://www.millets.co.uk/tents-camping/028281-outwell-dusk-5-tent.html

so a couple of question's

1. will there be room to set a tent up this size in the wicket ground or family fields

2. would it upset people a tent this size 

thanks in advance

12 minutes ago, congopowers said:

I'm sure you know this already.. but that coleman link for £65 is just the front extension.. the tent is £248 :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Da-Gama-Tunnel-Tent/dp/B00BM79U88/ref=pd_bxgy_200_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CQ1GHBW59F4H03453M3

yeah sorry put on the wrong link thinking the millets one looking the best option.

ideally want one we can stand up in. hoping to leave the little one with her nan but her nan is not having any of it so far 

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

We camped in Wicket this year. Plenty of spare space all weekend, so a tent that size would be no problem. Cockmill family field gets much busier though, so you might get a few grumpy looks if you put up something that size there just for three of you. 

thank Grumby I have stayed at Wickets before and it was fine all weekend then as well but not having been last year or with a tent this size I thought I would do some research before taking the plunge.

Just now, Respectfatfrog said:

yeah sorry put on the wrong link thinking the millets one looking the best option.

ideally want one we can stand up in. hoping to leave the little one with her nan but her nan is not having any of it so far 

I'd always choose outwell over coleman.. it says 155cm high for that one.. so standing with a bit of a stoop..  I'm seriously tempted myself at that price

1 hour ago, ancient_one said:

Yes, there should be room to put it up if you get there early enough. And it would only upset me if you put it right next to mine and blocked my door, with me in the tent, like some numpties did last year.

thanks I always stay with my tent or put chairs out the front as this happened to me before I ended up just moving there whole tent 10 meters up the path.

Outwell are normally good tents,and i've owned a few which were all decent, but I wouldn't touch the Dusk one with a bargepole.

We had two there this year, and they both leaked at the door seams, so ended up getting a refund.

Guy in Lime Kiln near us, had the same tent, and didn't appear to have any issues with his, though he may have just cared a bit less :)