Sign in to follow this  
glasshousebill

Neil Young

Thanks fella. Will be sporadic, but glasto is approaching.

Wasn't the best of the setlists last night, think Leeds got that, but his snarling and grungy rendition of Revolution Blues was exceptional. Seemed like he threw it into the setlist at the last moment as well as he had to take time out to have a short chat with the band just before they started it.

I literally cannot believe he played Cowgirl in Leeds. The first tour I've decided against in recent years, and the one song I've always wanted to see him play live and had given up all hope on. Leeds would have been the venue if I had decided to see the tour this year as well. I was kind of disappointed a couple of times over the last few tours, add that to the fact I thought there would be a lot of latest album played, which didn't interest me at all. Obviously I got that totally wrong didn't I... Bugger.

Edited by ericlered

The London gig was superb; not as good as the Leeds setlist, granted, but Revolution Blues, Western Hero, Alabama, Love To Burn and Love And Only Love were spellbinding!

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Oh did you. Bollock well and truly dropped, cocker spadge.

You're not joking there mate, what a massive massive cock up. The only epic song of his I've not seen over the years & the one I've been missing out on tour after tour and gig after gig. That Leeds setlist is something else, I just didn't see that coming when the tickets went on sale way back when...

I think there's a part of me that still hasn't come to terms with just how good Neil Young was in 09 (and that's coming from someone who was not much more than a floating voter beforehand).

I like the sound of that track, I shall be buying this record (now bought)

Edited by TheNewUnion
I have bought this record

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

There's a good article in the current 'Uncut' mag about Neil Young's many unreleased albums.

Might have to have a read in Smiths, unless they've done that shrinkwrapping thing again.