Neil Young

glasshousebill

16 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

How could it be so bad though? - it really annoyed me. 

Played fairly sloppy, vocals are really awful as are most of the lyrics and the tunes are like Spinal Tap doing Booker T. 

Thought I was nearly done now that I'm at 2003 but theres still 12 albums to go! I know most of them well from now on though. Greendale aside. 

Rust Never Sleeps done. Looking forward to getting into the 80's as everything so far I have played to death and heard so many times.

Not listened to Are You Passionate but really like the last song, She's A Healer.

I know I said before I started this that I would pick a favourite song off each album but I got to Gold Rush and realised it's impossible to do that.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

9 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Not listened to Are You Passionate but really like the last song, She's A Healer.

Yeah did like that tune to be fair.

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

I agree about Le Noise being great, I don't think there was much fanfare for it at the time but I remember really loving it.

There was a little bit of fanfare because Daniel Lanois produced it. Pissed off I never got to see him tour it. 

Greendale is fantastic. No idea why it has such a bad rep.

Edited by The Nal

Finished! *exhale*

A sort of sad silence after the dying chords of If I Don't Know rang out. Kinda like the end of the Truman Show.

Some really good stuff from the late 90s until now. Really liked Fork in the Road. Never got it before for some reason. 

May do Dylan next.

Edited by The Nal

21 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Think dylan may be too much for me. start to finish. Love him at his best, mind but not sure could do all 40 or whatever albums back to back. May do Waits. Not really a bad album there that I know of - although nowhere near as many, granted.

There's a podcast where Martin from 'Answer me this' and other various middle class ponces discuss every Waits track from every album in chronological order. But they've only just finished nighthawks at the diner. And they're often wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Glasgow show tonight, absolutely incredible performance and set list, over 2 and half hours! What an incredible band Promise of the real are!

Anyone going to any of the other dates on the tour are in for a real treat!!

2 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Just back from the Glasgow show tonight, absolutely incredible performance and set list, over 2 and half hours! What an incredible band Promise of the real are!

Anyone going to any of the other dates on the tour are in for a real treat!!

Good Call, Young is on the never ending tour now 'til he dies.

What a gig that was. Highlights were Gold Rush, Down By The River and Words, Fuckin' Up at the end was great too, I'm sure he went over the curfew. He did seem in a great mood and Promise + Real are a great band. I loved how when they first came on, he just started playing Gold Rush out of nowhere, I didn't even see him enter form the stage.

Wasn't keeping track of how long songs were but River and Love and Only Love must both have been well over 20 minutes.