Neil Young

glasshousebill

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I really need to track down a decent bootleg of the 1993 tour with Booker T and the MGs.

Even now I’m a bit perplexed that I saw NY cranking it out alongside Steve Cropper and Duck Dunn.

I have a soundboard recording of the Belgium show of that tour which is superb. If you DM me your address I will send you a copy

17 minutes ago, tjamest said:

http://www.beatthetouts.com/

Standing tickets available for the o2 show here. £57.00 + all the usual extras

Somewhat upsettingly I have to sell my pair of tickets to the O2 show (Saturday 11th June), any reasonable offers considered. DM me.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
O2 show is sold out.

1 minute ago, tjamest said:

I'm surprised he hasn't sold out, but I guess the o2 holds something like 18,000. I just saw 'extra tickets' and assumed they were returns from hospitality or something

Actually, standing is sold out, but not seating.

Anyway 2 standing for sale here if anyone's keen (as anyone with a pair of ears ought to be!)

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
Checked seating

35 minutes ago, tjamest said:

I'm surprised he hasn't sold out, but I guess the o2 holds something like 18,000. I just saw 'extra tickets' and assumed they were returns from hospitality or something

I think the Crazy Horse show at BST a couple of years ago might have alienated a few fairweather fans.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

As excited as I am to be seeing Shakey for the first time, I really want to see a Crazy Horse show while he's still knocking around and in good form.

Saw him twice with crazy horse and it really is a different experience

6 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Saw him twice with crazy horse and it really is a different experience

Much more a fan of the Crazy Horse albums than most of his others, also there's something very appealing to me about Neil grouchily doing 15 minutes of feedback while a loads of duffers waiting for Heart Of Gold stand there perplexed.

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You need to hit a real personal low, get trollied out of your mind and then listen to on the beach, tonight's the night and time fades away back to back. 

The only crazy horse album that comes close is everybody knows this is nowhere. And i love them all apart from reactor. 

Not listened to Time Fades Away, off the top of my head I'm not sure I've heard of it. I'll get on it.

48 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's the first of the 'ditch' trilogy. Not as good as on the beach for me but not far off. Never released on cd as far as I'm aware so probably why not heard of. It was reissued on vinyl recently but that was first time since its original release. Here endeth nerd lesson one. 

Oooh, from having a google of this I've stumbled across a box set of Zuma, On The Beach, Tonight's The Night and Time Fades Away. £85 isn't bad for all that, especially if they're all the same sort of quality as the recent After The Gold Rush pressing I have. Bit of a bugger that it's coming up on festival season so it'll most likely be late summer/autumn before I could afford to go in on it. I'm going to put a bookmark on it and hope it's still available then.

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

As excited as I am to be seeing Shakey for the first time, I really want to see a Crazy Horse show while he's still knocking around and in good form.

I think his new band is better. I understand the nostalgic Crazy Horse vibe, but POTR delivers longer shows, more varied setlists and they're a lot more versatile. I'd prefer Crazy Horse for classic CH material like Down by the River, but I can't really see them pulling out the acoustic/country tunes as good as POTR. With POTR, he can play anything for his catalog, and they did some insane rarities (Here We Are in the Years last tour!). And they can do the Crazy Horse insanity pretty well, as evident by the 40 minutes Down by the River...

I'm going to start my journey through the discography right now, I'll share my favourite song off each album as I go on. As I said before, this will take a while but hopefully I get through it eventually. I've tried it before with Bob Dylan and didn't even get into the 70's. That project will be completed after this one.

I can't choose between the last 3 from On The Beach.

I'm currently just finishing Tonights the Night. Which I listened to twice in a row on a drive last week anyway. Will get through Zuma and Long May You Run today/tonight.

Speaking of On The Beach.

Edited by The Nal

45 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I can't choose between the last 3 from On The Beach.

I'm currently just finishing Tonights the Night. Which I listened to twice in a row on a drive last week anyway. Will get through Zuma and Long May You Run today/tonight.

Speaking of On The Beach.

That whole live bootleg is great, he tells the honey slides story on that, he fried weed and honey then mixed it together during the recording of On The Beach.

I only heard this version for first time last week, amazing.