The BBC Radio 6 Music Festival 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yeah it'd be pretty far for me so going all that way for one (still incredible) day of music is too much of a hassle, whereas I could probably do a weekend of it. EDIT: Oh you mean split the venue tickets. Yeah that as well.

Does this get better every year though or do I just forget how good the lineup is every time?

Edited by dentalplan

was it an instant sell out last year? Hmm don't have much luck with speedy internet here in south Devon.

Motion on Sunday is very strong too - but I think the Mrs will want to see Marling & Grant

Also it says up to a maximum of four tickets on the T&Cs - so if I'm trying for me and the Mrs does that mean we have to try for the best 2 days?

2 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

was it an instant sell out last year? Hmm don't have much luck with speedy internet here in south Devon.

Motion on Sunday is very strong too - but I think the Mrs will want to see Marling & Grant

Also it says up to a maximum of four tickets on the T&Cs - so if I'm trying for me and the Mrs does that mean we have to try for the best 2 days?

Mostly. I only tried for Friday and that just went straight out - Saturday was minutes too and Sunday took a couple of hours if I'm remembering correctly.

It should be different with Bristol actually as there's nearly 5k tickets for Saturday and Sunday divided between the two venue choice things; most of those at the Colston/Academy one and that's got the less popular acts so I reckon you'd be alright with that. Would assume Friday and Sunday Motion will be straight out, like.

6music has a festival playlist:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/playlists/zzzzww

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is there a free fringe again?

I believe so, yep.

So Scottie told me (I've not been following things) the BBC Introducing stage will be in St Nicks Market.

I also think The Fleece is being used, as I think that's what matey from Blue Aeroplanes said when they interviewed him a month back when they announced it - tho that might be my memory playing tricks.

Cheers guys! Just been to your page about it and answered most of my questions :)

One thing I am finding confusing is that on one page of the 6music site it says the night tickets for Colston Hall start at 7 but on other it says 4pm (and 5pm for the academy). Inclined to believe the latter given the number of acts but can anyone shed any light? 

I'm from Bristol and happen to be back that weekend, so we are going to go for the Sat night/Underworld tickets. Hopefully people will be distracted by trying to buy Suede/Motion tickets initially!

The free fringe, you have to apply for tickets direct from venues. The advance ones for the Thekla are already gone, so you may need to be quick. Here's the info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2KJCTLdW2qGd4mjTS0ld6b6/the-fringe-supported-by-bbc-radio-6-music-festival

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm from Bristol and happen to be back that weekend, so we are going to go for the Sat night/Underworld tickets. Hopefully people will be distracted by trying to buy Suede/Motion tickets initially!

The free fringe, you have to apply for tickets direct from venues. The advance ones for the Thekla are already gone, so you may need to be quick. Here's the info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2KJCTLdW2qGd4mjTS0ld6b6/the-fringe-supported-by-bbc-radio-6-music-festival

have the free tickets for St Nicks Market already gone then?

The Thekla say they may release more tickets due to demand. This does seem to be the one to go for as it's free event named 'The 6Music Fringe'. I assumed all the others would be the same - but from the ones I've clicked on (Fleece, Louisiana, Lakota) they just seem to be putting on paid gigs that you can pay to go to (like you normally would).