Shambala 2016

5co77ie

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for the information, which I hadn't heard of before. I think the festival first started in that neck of the woods before moving up north to it's current location. It would certainly be a game changer for me and would probably push me more towards going to the Equinox Festival in September instead.

I'm not aware of Dorset previously (tho it might have), but definitely had a spell just outside Plymouth.

47 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you said close to Larmer but not that site, so am wondering if it's the same site that Endorse-It used to use? Do you happen to know?

Just round the corner in Wimborne St Giles - I knew they used to like to keep their festival site secret so i didn't want to be too obvious about location, but i guess as it is in the public domain..... 

I have tried to post link to dorsetforyou.gov.uk but for some reason couldn't , but if you go there and then on to licencing you should be able to find it.

Or google Wimborne St Giles Shambala and it's there

Edited by tjamest

Crew guide FAQ I received yesterday says:

Is Shambala moving site in 2017

"We have often been considering new sites as options over the years, and every year there is a rumour that we are moving! At present there are no confirmed plans to move sites in 2017"

Note: "no confirmed plans", however.

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Heading on down and over about midday tomorrow to join the stewards. Hoping for a drier festi than Glasto at any rate. Really don't know what to expect of the place - quite different compared to my usual line up orientated festi choices.... 

The weather looks like it's going to be a bit mixed, although Friday is promising to be a belter.

Final bits of costume arrived today... Starting to get excited!

I live very local to the festival and the weather wasn't that bad over the weekend/last few days so hopefully the ground should be holding up well.

Was hoping to get down Thursday evening after work but found out I have a late London meeting :(

57 minutes ago, squeegee1 said:

hi peeps, first time for our family to experience shambala what's best time to arrive to get a good spot in family camping. many thanks squeegee

You are in for a treat - there's loads to do and see which will keep the kids minds happy and active. The first year that we went my wife pointed out to me that she hadn't heard a kid moan or cry the entire festival - and she was right because I hadn't heard that either.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question on the time to arrive because I've never used the family camping field.

On 8/8/2016 at 3:53 PM, MoonBuggy said:

Any thoughts on the best way to sell/refund a Shambala ticket (face value, of course)? Large group of us are going, but someone's had to drop out and I'm a little confused about how the ticket barcode system works. 

Hi MoonBuggy

Just wondered if you are selling the extra ticket you have?

5 hours ago, MoonBuggy said:

It's already sold, I'm afraid - I put it up on the official Shambala Facebook page and had it sorted pretty quickly, so you might want to take a look and see if there are any last minute ones going there?

No worries at all. Thank you for letting me know :)
I may have one sorted now so hopefully I will spot some of you lovely people once I'm there.