Shambala 2016

5co77ie

16 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I think its a clever way of weeding out people back to the core audience while still doing a good thing as well. Two birds with one stone.

I suspect tho that their intention isn't to lessen the numbers by doing so - so it'll be interesting to see if the numbers hold up.

If they're going to drop because of it I suspect that will impact more on 2017 than 2016, as i think current goers will give it a go this year but some might decide they'd prefer meat to another trip to Shambala, and the numbers raving about it and encouraging others to come might also drop.

And also, it risks becoming too much of a 'preaching to the converted' thing, where any wider social benefits from how Shambala does things might be lost.

It's a genuinely interesting and different thing for a festival to do tho, and I'll be very interested to see how it pans out. I genuinely wish them luck with it.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I’m currently carrying out research for my dissertation in order to identify consumer attitudes in regards to environmental sustainability at festivals.

If you have attended Shambala Festival in the past 10 years, I would appreciate if you could fill in my questionnaire please.It takes less than 5 min.

All responses will be treated in confidence and anonymity is guaranteed when writing up the findings.

Please share with your friends in case you know someone that might have been at Shambala Festival!

Thank you so much!

https://qtrial2016q1az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9HNdcfo2e1QZo5n

On 26/01/2016 at 6:51 PM, filipa said:

Hi everyone,

I’m currently carrying out research for my dissertation in order to identify consumer attitudes in regards to environmental sustainability at festivals.

If you have attended Shambala Festival in the past 10 years, I would appreciate if you could fill in my questionnaire please.It takes less than 5 min.

All responses will be treated in confidence and anonymity is guaranteed when writing up the findings.

Please share with your friends in case you know someone that might have been at Shambala Festival!

Thank you so much!

https://qtrial2016q1az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9HNdcfo2e1QZo5n

Survey completed.

On 10/12/2015 at 11:00 AM, eFestivals said:

If they're going to drop because of it I suspect that will impact more on 2017 than 2016

I agree, some folks I know who'd already bought tickets when the announcement was made aren't happy. I wish them luck too, it doesn't really bother me but I think they should have  mentioned the new policy before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31 January 2016 at 7:43 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Survey completed.

Thank you for your contribution.

Please share with your friends if you know someone that has been at Shamabala. I still need help from a large number of people and I only have a few weeks left :(

thank you so much

2 hours ago, filipa said:

Thank you for your contribution.

Please share with your friends if you know someone that has been at Shamabala. I still need help from a large number of people and I only have a few weeks left :(

thank you so much

Hello

I've sent it to two of my mates to fill out for you.

Have you posted this on Shambala's own forum or a Facebook page to do with the festival. If not, then I suggest that you do.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not normally one for fancy dress but at Shambala it's the norm - especially the parade on Saturday evening. You'll kick yourself if you don't bring fancy dress and get involved.

Like the sound of this. Is there a theme each year or just whatever you fancy?

27 minutes ago, OBface said:

Like the sound of this. Is there a theme each year or just whatever you fancy?

Hello OBface

There's an announced theme which this year can be found here;

http://www.shambalafestival.org/

I'd try to pin point it further for you but I'm a little wired and can't see the wood for the trees.

One more thing - you don't have to confine yourself to the theme. If you want to wear what you want to wear, then wear it. That's the kind of stance Shambala takes.

Have fun :)

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello OBface

There's an announced theme which this year can be found here;

http://www.shambalafestival.org/

I'd try to pin point it further for you but I'm a little wired and can't see the wood for the trees.

One more thing - you don't have to confine yourself to the theme. If you want to wear what you want to wear, then wear it. That's the kind of stance Shambala takes.

Have fun :)

Amazing, thanks so much Yog. You have a great night 

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/03/2016 at 4:38 PM, OBface said:

So is this the line up for 2016?

http://www.shambalafestival.org/whats-on/

The lineup being announced doesn't appear in the news section of the site so not sure, it just seems to have appeared.

Looking good if it is!

EDIT: In the news section now.

Great news - I'll get to see Beardyman play again. That's lifted my spirits - I broke a £150 tool about an hour ago and have been monumentally pissed off since.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Great news - I'll get to see Beardyman play again. That's lifted my spirits - I broke a £150 tool about an hour ago and have been monumentally pissed off since.

Yes particularly excited for Beardyman - see you there! 

3 minutes ago, OBface said:

Yes particularly excited for Beardyman - see you there! 

I saw him play at Bestival one year and was blown away. I don't follow music that much (as in barely at all) - I go to festivals to be with mates and just enjoy the experience. So, with that in mind is there anybody else on the line up that you would recommend? Just one act will do and I'll try to go see them.

27 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I saw him play at Bestival one year and was blown away. I don't follow music that much (as in barely at all) - I go to festivals to be with mates and just enjoy the experience. So, with that in mind is there anybody else on the line up that you would recommend? Just one act will do and I'll try to go see them.

Nightmares on Wax is a really nice surprise. Try Carboot Soul for starters, up there with my favourite albums. 

37 minutes ago, OBface said:

Nightmares on Wax is a really nice surprise. Try Carboot Soul for starters, up there with my favourite albums. 

Nice one. I just had a listen to their track Survival. I know I'm going to like more of their stuff. Although I cannot guarantee anything, I will definitely aim to get me and the mob over to see them. Thanks for the tip.