Virus alert

maelzoid

22 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

Happens to me using tesco mobile 4g. I know it's not your fault @eFestivals but I'd tell the ad house to sort it out now or you're moving to a different provider. It's really not acceptable for them to let this happen.

I can only tell them it's not acceptable. It's simply not possible to stop, unless efests only ran ads booked directly with them - which wouldn't earn enough revenue and would see here have to be shut down.

I have got someone on the case now, so hopefully he'll get the problem identified and stopped soon.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can only tell them it's not acceptable. It's simply not possible to stop, unless efests only ran ads booked directly with them - which wouldn't earn enough revenue and would see here have to be shut down.

I have got someone on the case now, so hopefully he'll get the problem identified and stopped soon.

Totally understand but surely there must be alternative ad houses? Nothing gets things moving quicker than a threat of moving your business elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

Totally understand but surely there must be alternative ad houses? Nothing gets things moving quicker than a threat of moving your business elsewhere.

The short answer is: if it was that easy I'd have gone already.

It's a far from perfect situation, and I have to work my way thru it the best that I can.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The short answer is: if it was that easy I'd have gone already.

It's a far from perfect situation, and I have to work my way thru it the best that I can.

Fair enough. Thanks for all your hard work and giving us such an amazing forum!

I've had success with affiliate window. You at least get to pick who you are advertising & have full control of the ad space, / can usually create your own banners if inclined & just add a tag, 

just searching "festival" comes back with Festicket, i'd definitely look to promoting relevant products/services rather than generic games & downloads in the main ads at the top 

Id also promote the best selling phone power pack chargers & camping gear on Amazon in the sidebars

all of this can be done in addition to what you have already if you wanted, just my 2p :)

Edited by Michaels denim shorts
Spelling

6 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Neil, question - is it better financially for the site for efesters to buy a membership, or is it better the other way with visitors clicking the ads etc? 

The honest answer is: I've no idea.

And I'm perfectly happy for users to decide which they'd rather do for themselves without me prompting them to part with their cash - tho I of course don't mind if you choose to, as it's guaranteed income.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

The honest answer is: I've no idea.

And I'm perfectly happy for users to decide which they'd rather do for themselves without me prompting them to part with their cash - tho I of course don't min if you choose to, as it's guaranteed income.

Okies well I think I'm gonna grab one. I'm on here regularly enough and have started posting regularly too so feel like I should contribute if I'm able to do so!

Another question while I've got your attention - when using the app, is there a way to set up notifications for replies etc. when I'm not in the app? At the moment I only know if I have notifications when I arrive at the forum?

20 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Another question while I've got your attention - when using the app, is there a way to set up notifications for replies etc. when I'm not in the app? At the moment I only know if I have notifications when I arrive at the forum?

the short answer is no, sorry.

But I'll bear it in mind for if there's the opportunity to include it.