Carly Rae Jepson

Martin Ashford

2 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/nov/21/carly-rae-jepsen-music-release-wham-last-christmas

Hilarious read - see if you can get through the whole article.

This is great. Over-does the parody by the end though, would have loved it to stay deadpan a little longer.

I do like Carly-Rae though. I like how unashamed she is of the shit-ness. I like how she's 30. I like the name Carly-Rae Jepson.

6 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

This is great. Over-does the parody by the end though, would have loved it to stay deadpan a little longer.

I do like Carly-Rae though. I like how unashamed she is of the shit-ness. I like how she's 30. I like the name Carly-Rae Jepson.

But do you  really really really really really really like her?

Actually I gained a little bit of respect for her a couple of weeks ago when I saw the I Really Like You video had Tom Hanks mouthing the words.

2 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Anybody doubting her ability to fit in at Glastonbury likely hasn't listened to anything other than Call me maybe/Really like you.

Anybody that can hear Call Me Maybe and I Really Like You without loving them needs a reality check.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anybody that can hear Call Me Maybe and I Really Like You without loving them needs a reality check.

To be fair, I thought I Really Like You was a step too far, until I heard it in the context of the album/got over myself and now I love it. Obviously anybody who doesn't love Call Me Maybe doesn't have a soul. 

Carly seems to be cropping up on a fair number of album of the year lists (it's the indie writers go to pop album with indie credentials of 2015), which may help her case with a booking next year. . . 

1 minute ago, Festival Liam said:

To be fair, I thought I Really Like You was a step too far, until I heard it in the context of the album/got over myself and now I love it. Obviously anybody who doesn't love Call Me Maybe doesn't have a soul. 

Carly seems to be cropping up on a fair number of album of the year lists (it's the indie writers go to pop album with indie credentials of 2015), which may help her case with a booking next year. . . 

Aye, Marina, Kacey Musgraves and Charli XCX getting the shaft because the quota demands only one.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Aye, Marina, Kacey Musgraves and Charli XCX getting the shaft because the quota demands only one.

Charli XCX deserves to be nowhere near the greatest of anything list. Most major publications sadly didn't bother reviewing Marina's album :(. Doubt she is getting many look ins on a best of list. I had no idea who Kacey Musgraves was until I wikipediaed her, should I of?

1 minute ago, Festival Liam said:

Charli XCX deserves to be nowhere near the greatest of anything list. Most major publications sadly didn't bother reviewing Marina's album :(. Doubt she is getting many look ins on a best of list. I had no idea who Kacey Musgraves was until I wikipediaed her, should I of?

Well I would say yes, but since you don't like Charli XCX I no longer trust your judgement.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well I would say yes, but since you don't like Charli XCX I no longer trust your judgement.

Most of my dislike of her stems from having to suffer her as a supporting act at not one, but two gigs in her early ripping-off-Marina's-first-album-in-a-drunken-karaoke-kind-of-way days. While I think Boom Clap is a tune, and I know she wrote I Love It, most of her own actual output is shit.

On 12/8/2015 at 8:05 PM, Festival Liam said:

Most of my dislike of her stems from having to suffer her as a supporting act at not one, but two gigs in her early ripping-off-Marina's-first-album-in-a-drunken-karaoke-kind-of-way days. While I think Boom Clap is a tune, and I know she wrote I Love It, most of her own actual output is shit.

I will have nothing bad said Charli XCX! 

Also Carly Rae and T Swizzle come no where close to the output of Charli (or Marina) with their bumblegum pop.

Edited by LondonTom