2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yup the Nao album deserves all the praise it's gonna catch. Fantastic record. Glad I got to witness all these bangers going off in the rain at the Park last month.

But at what cost?

Nao is fucking boss tho

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on the Nao album, really good stuff. Don't think it really dips at all despite it having quite a lot of songs on it even if a few of those are just interludes. Missed her at Glastonbury for Frightened Rabbit I think but tempted by the tour in October now.

Gave the new Wild Beasts one a listen as well and it seeme quite good without being anything too special but I think it's one that needs more listens for me to fully get into it.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

But at what cost?

Nao is fucking boss tho

I saw the last song or two as I was nestling in for Vinceypoo. That might have been it but I couldn't tell you. Looks great fun but I can't counter it with any NAO footage from the BBC even though I understand it was recorded.

You're right, she does seem to be doing the big venues. I imagine promoters are expecting the album to go down pretty well and if there's any justice it will. I think there's little doubt that she'll be back at the farm next year in an advanced slot. Pyramid would be pretty cool but I'd take evening WH, of course.

On 7/28/2016 at 0:07 PM, MattDavies__ said:

New Massive Attack with Hope Sandoval is beautiful. There's another coming with Ghostpoet on too. 

(Apparently they're on the app? Doesn't work on my iPhone so dunno) 

Picked up the Hope Sandoval track on new music playlist this morning. Beautiful is a pretty good choice of word.

New album supposed to be on the cards for later this year - possibility for a slot next year?

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

New of Montreal coming at you.

I got into these after someone posted a link to Bassem Sabry on here when it came out (I still think that's such a monster tune).

Looking forward to this, one of the most prolific bands out there.