2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

LCD leave me cold. It is all a bit too kool for skool and a tad pretentious for my tastes. 

Thanks. Im not the only one! You hit the nail on the head to me (obviously not most on here) - they are not bad, but Im just a bit "meh" about them. I don't get it.

1 hour ago, CHRLY said:

I got round to listening to that James Blake record... it didn't really do anything for me. I found the tunes nice, but there was no emotional connection there. Ah well, leaves me clash-free on Saturday night.

You kids have got no perseverance! It takes time to kick in, you cheeky yoof!

I didn't get him at all and then kept going with The Colour In Anything, and now he's in my top-five most anticipated sets of the weekend.

West Holts, Saturday Night. Special.

Ben

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

giphy.gif

:lol:

Thanks again for posting them earlier in the thread! Did you see them on their tour last month? I wasn't planning to go as I had an exam a couple of days after it but ended up buying a ticket on the day and really glad I did, they were excellent, felt like one of the loudest gigs I've been to in ages too. Shame they're not playing the festival this year, they'd have been good on William's Green or something.

On 06/06/2016 at 6:51 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Thanks. Im not the only one! You hit the nail on the head to me (obviously not most on here) - they are not bad, but Im just a bit "meh" about them. I don't get it.

It doesn't do anything for me either. Think I like more layers to my songs were it feels like there is only ever one thing going on at a time in LCD's songs if that makes sense.

Suppose a better way to express it would be to say they are too minimalist for my liking

Edited by found home in 2009

7 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

It doesn't do anything for me either. Think I like more layers to my songs were it feels like there is only ever one thing going on at a time in LCD's songs if that makes sense.

Suppose a better way to express it would be to say they are too minimalist for my liking

They lack a bit of 'oomph' don't they?

I like them but always real it doesn't quite get there.

3 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

The only tune by them I can ever say I really like is a live version of a tune which starts naming bands and acts. (Gil Scott Heron is the only one I remember). I loved the tune, but wished it was vocal free. That didn't work, but the tune and beat I really liked.

Otherwise I've always just gone "it's alright".

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Thanks again for posting them earlier in the thread! Did you see them on their tour last month? I wasn't planning to go as I had an exam a couple of days after it but ended up buying a ticket on the day and really glad I did, they were excellent, felt like one of the loudest gigs I've been to in ages too. Shame they're not playing the festival this year, they'd have been good on William's Green or something.

Nah their tour was fairly vast but didn't come very close to me. Was pinning hopes on Glastonbury but just gotta hope there's a winter tour now.

Stuck the album on this weekend for the first time in a while though and I'd forgotten how strong it was, start to finish. It'd definitely figure highly for me too if I was to prematurely evaluate the halfway point in the music year.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The only tune by them I can ever say I really like is a live version of a tune which starts naming bands and acts. (Gil Scott Heron is the only one I remember). I loved the tune, but wished it was vocal free. That didn't work, but the tune and beat I really liked.

Otherwise I've always just gone "it's alright".

Losing my edge

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

new Local Natives album Sunlit Youth out September 9th. new song Villainy here

certainly sounds more upbeat than their previous record

I wasn't sure about this at first but it has grown on me massively! Past Lives was brilliant too so I'm very excited for the album... off to pre-order now :D

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Just listening to them now, how did i miss this album?