2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

hoping the EP is a taster for an album coming next year, but i'm hella stoked to hear some new NIN

It doesn't sound like it from his press release. It ended up being an EP because that was "the proper length to tell that story.” :wacko:

And also reissuing The Fragile with a billion bonus tracks. FFS! Pair of losers.

Still this is great news even if it's like three or four songs.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

It doesn't sound like it from his press release. It ended up being an EP because that was "proper length to tell that story.” :wacko:

And also reissuing The Fragile with a billion bonus tracks. FFS! Pair of losers.

Still this is great news even if it's like three or four songs.

yeah just read that bit after posting. that's a shame as i was definitely expecting/hoping for a full album

the 'unfriendly and impenetrable' bit is interesting

new NIN is good without being spectacular after first few listens - not that much of a move away from what came before it as was hinted at, although one or two songs that go heavier than one might expect from NIN 2016 and it's definitely a bit more raw/distorted than the synth laden NIN of late. more than anything i just hope it means they'll up and tour next year

Edited by FloorFiller

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

new NIN is good without being spectacular after first few listens - not that much of a move away from what came before it as was hinted at, although one or two songs that go heavier than one might expect from NIN 2016 and it's definitely a bit more raw/distorted than the synth laden NIN of late. more than anything i just hope it means they'll up and tour next year

I really dig it. Heavier and more abrasive than I expected it to be. Sound like Pretty Hate Machine jams.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I really dig it. Heavier and more abrasive than I expected it to be. Sound like Pretty Hate Machine jams.

it sounds like a mish mash of a few of his other albums, which is no bad thing. every once in a while i'll hear a little bit and think 'well that sounded very Broken/The Fragile/etc)

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

also, i can't remember if they were ever brought up in here (hell i might've even had a conversation about them) but anybody listened to Pinegrove's album this year? been digging it massively this past week

Yeah I only picked it up after seeing them on all the end of year lists and it's very good - could've featured high on mine if I'd heard it earlier. I think I judged them on their band name before so never bothered. :lol:

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

also, i can't remember if they were ever brought up in here (hell i might've even had a conversation about them) but anybody listened to Pinegrove's album this year? been digging it massively this past week

Saw them play the Brudenell in Leeds earlier this year. They are a good band.