2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i'm assuming one is High Rotations, which is a bit of a mess. what's the other? but aye enjoying it a lot!

been trying to reply for ages but my posts don't seem to be going through.

You are correct and the other is 'Ordinary'.

Love 'Loose Ends' and 'Don't Make it Right'

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

I also saw Boy Kill Boy somewhere in Sheffield (maybe The Leadmill). Less enjoyable. Oh the early 2000's, such mediocrity. 

I saw Boy Kill Boy in Portsmouth - was given a cup of water by one the security at the cup and I for some reason thought it was a great idea to throw it on the stage - hit the lead singer square in the jaw. He didn't even flinch and I was promptly thrown out by some burly bouncer. Pretty much my only memory of that band, don't remember any of their songs.

And as Late of the Pier have been mentioned, does anyone remember Shy Child? They even played a Keytar!

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

New alt-J coming in January, so that's another to add to the disappointing-options-for-Pyramid-subs-or-Other-headliners-deacreasing-the-chances-of-something-great-like-Frank-Ocean-or-Nick-Cave-or-The-National, along with Elbow, Royal Blood and Paolo Nutini.

yeah seem like an obvious Pyramid sub or Other headliner candidate. in fact, subbing Radiohead makes total sense (although maybe too much so)

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Speculation that a new Neutral Milk Hotel album could be on the way...

http://pitchfork.com/news/69153-neutral-milk-hotel-drawings-spark-speculation-about-new-double-album/

Don't want to get my hopes up in case it turns out not to be true, but fucking hell, who saw that coming ey?

If my Daft Punk dream is dead in the water the Justice is the next best option. Have half seen them already but would go all out for them this time.

New song is a cracker. Their live album is second only to Alive 2007 in the dance/dj stakes imo.

Whats new out today thats worth a listen?

Edited by mjsell

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

If my Daft Punk dream is dead in the water the Justice is the next best option. Have half seen them already but would go all out for them this time.

New song is a cracker. Their live album is second only to Alive 2007 in the dance/dj stakes imo.

Whats new out today thats worth a listen?

I'm quite enjoying the Saint Motel album. Never heard of them before this morning. How does everyone find out about new music these days? I don't really follow any publication/website reviews so just tend to see what stands out to me on www.albumoftheyear.org which has a handy album by release day/month thing.

29 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm quite enjoying the Saint Motel album. Never heard of them before this morning. How does everyone find out about new music these days? I don't really follow any publication/website reviews so just tend to see what stands out to me on www.albumoftheyear.org which has a handy album by release day/month thing.

I find http://www.anydecentmusic.com/ to be much better than albumoftheyear. It's more written by a team and less crowd-sourced, although for that reason it requires more work and may not be around much longer.