2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Sorry to hear. You should listen to grimes instead. She's infinity better and there's only one letter different so it'd be an easy changeover

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense because a genre and an artist's name sounding similar isn't really indicative of their music sounding similar.

That's like me saying you should change your name to Jonodildo. Would make no sense to do so.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense because a genre and an artist's name sounding similar isn't really indicative of their music sounding similar.

That's like me saying you should change your name to Jonodildo. Would make no sense to do so.

Poor logic. You should try listening to Animal Collective 

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Worst post on efests 

Yeah it's quite good. Not hitting their best but not showing themselves up either. Good to hear them again after so much time anyway. Hope they play next year's do.

I was listening to Whitney's Light Upon the Lake this afternoon and just thought that I was expecting it to be a massive summer album when I first listened and it never really landed like that. Urgent appeal to eFesters: while it's still summer for the next few weeks, if you're going for a drive or a picnic then put that album on your aux/speakers and fall in love yo.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's quite good. Not hitting their best but not showing themselves up either. Good to hear them again after so much time anyway. Hope they play next year's do.

I was listening to Whitney's Light Upon the Lake this afternoon and just thought that I was expecting it to be a massive summer album when I first listened and it never really landed like that. Urgent appeal to eFesters: while it's still summer for the next few weeks, if you're going for a drive or a picnic then put that album on your aux/speakers and fall in love yo.

Nearing the end of this album, thanks for the recommendation. Something I probably wouldn't have picked up on but have thoroughly enjoyed. Will be getting a few more plays I'm sure.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'd completely missed this one, giving it a listen now.  Good recommendation!

New Ryley Walker out today, really looking forward to it, the last one was asolutely superb. Also interested in giving Lisa Hannigan's new one a go.

Been enjoying the latest Oh Sees album this week. Not what I usually listen to but it's pretty good, especially the last song. Only thing that fucks me off about it is that it's 45rpm so I have to fuck about with my record player

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

New Ryley Walker out today, really looking forward to it, the last one was asolutely superb. 

Just getting on this now. Loved the last album and a great gig when I saw him in Dublin. Couple of beauties on the newie. 

Edited by The Nal

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

New Ryley Walker out today, really looking forward to it, the last one was asolutely superb.

Me too. 

It got a really odd review in the Guardian FWIW. *

*More a comment / review on the review than the LP, I mean.