2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to Wildflower today, I found it a very entertaining and consistent listen, but never really amazing. Could've been better, could've been worse.

I also listened to Good Luck And Do Your Best by Gold Panda, I think I listened like once when it came out and never listened since. That's real good shit right there, I reckon the best electronic album I've heard this year.

65dos No Man's Sky signed 2LP dispatched says my emails, whup whup.

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/95604

new Green Day. surprisingly not the worst thing in the world. new album Revolution Radio (awful title) out October 7

Like like like.  Probably not everyone's cuppa, but for me it's got that instant hook that they've been missing for a while.  Looking forward to the album, even with that title. Only thing I would hope for is a bit more of the small town social commentary from the early albums and maybe a little less of the big serious politics, but that's just me.

On a separate note, new Skinny Lister album coming on 30th September

Edited by Quark

Oh yeah, that's reminded me. On my last trip to the modern hell that is London, i saw a poster for the Green Day musical, currently on in the West End. Bad enough, you may think, and led me to a multitude of questions about what stripe of arsehole goes to something like that. Further car-crash style rubbernecking of the poster showed me that the lead actor/singer in this sorry debacle was... Newton 'fucks sake, no, my ears my ears, look at that twat, bring back conscription' Faulkner. 

Just let the enormity of that sink in. A Green Day musical featuring Newton Faulkner. It's c**t squared.

39 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Oh yeah, that's reminded me. On my last trip to the modern hell that is London, i saw a poster for the Green Day musical, currently on in the West End. Bad enough, you may think, and led me to a multitude of questions about what stripe of arsehole goes to something like that. Further car-crash style rubbernecking of the poster showed me that the lead actor/singer in this sorry debacle was... Newton 'fucks sake, no, my ears my ears, look at that twat, bring back conscription' Faulkner. 

Just let the enormity of that sink in. A Green Day musical featuring Newton Faulkner. It's c**t squared.

Did you go and see it then?

Edited by Quark

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Did you go and see it then?

Sold out, mate. Not a sniff. God knows I tried. Makes the clamour for Harry Potter tickets look like trying to get near the stage to see LCD soundsystem at T in the Park.

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Sold out, mate. Not a sniff. God knows I tried. Makes the clamour for Harry Potter tickets look like trying to get near the stage to see LCD soundsystem at T in the Park.

You have my sympathy. Right in the feels

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nothing says punk rawk like The Faulk whipping out is acoustic guitar to do Boulevard Of Broken Dreams.

Alongside an x factor finalist. He's found his level right enough. Actually, they've all found their level.

image.jpeg