Public Service Broadcasting live stream Sunday 9pm GMT

VolumetricFox

PSB are streaming from the Brixton Academy tonight from 9pm.

http://www.o2academylive.com/clips/view-new?id=56539150bffe626e2d9cd0d4

Really hoping they'll be at Glastonbury again, they were my favourite set from the whole weekend.  The Glade was packed so they could get do with somewhere bigger, not sure an outdoor area would be right though?

37 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

PSB are streaming from the Brixton Academy tonight from 9pm.

http://www.o2academylive.com/clips/view-new?id=56539150bffe626e2d9cd0d4

Really hoping they'll be at Glastonbury again, they were my favourite set from the whole weekend.  The Glade was packed so they could get do with somewhere bigger, not sure an outdoor area would be right though?

Big enough for JPT? Seems unlikely in 2016, you'd imagine they'd need more material for the step up. Perhaps in the daytime, but I doubt it.

Surprisingly it was Mick Taylor (John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Rolling Stones etc.) when he was with his own band.  So serious and po-faced and no acknowledgement of the audience.  It was as though we were watching a not-very-good band trying to work things out in rehearsals.  And I say that as a passionate blues lover.

In both cases, PSB and Mick Taylor, I wasn't alone in walking out.  Quite a few of the Mick Taylor customers ended up having a row with the promoter outside and asking for their money back.

Edited by grumpyhack

I also enjoyed him at Glasto but there he was part of someone else's band and they'd planned, prepared and rehearsed.  Just because you are good at playing your bit doesn't always mean you can put a good band together and deliver a great musical experience for the punter.

I saw them (and loved them) in a packed Williams Green in 13 and there was just the two of them, they appear to have doubled in size!

Not managed to catch them since through various clashes and inconveniences (like missing out on Glasto tickets last year - grrrr) though I own both albums and have "Race For Space" as one of my albums of the year!

Enjoying the stream, thanks OP for the link and yes, I'd love to see them back (after dark or in a tent for preference)

Saw them on Friday at Southampton Guildhall. Excellent gig! Slightly older crowd than I expected, but everyone was really into it, great atmosphere and a lot of fun. 

They were supported by Francois & the Atlas Mountains, who were really something special (had heard a couple of their tracks last year and quite liked them). They had a small crowd to begin with and everyone was talking, but we all soon shut up to listen to their haunting, passionate tunes. Will be investing in their new album 'Piano Ombre' for sure. Made a refreshing change from the usual "f*ck off you c*nts" that you often hear shouted at support bands in Southampton.....

Edited by phillyfaddle
typo

2 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Saw them on Friday at Southampton Guildhall. Excellent gig! Slightly older crowd than I expected, but everyone was really into it, great atmosphere and a lot of fun. 

They were supported by Francois & the Atlas Mountains, who were really something special (had heard a couple of their tracks last year and quite liked them). They had a small crowd to begin with and everyone was talking, but we all soon shut up to listen to their haunting, passionate tunes. Will be investing in their new album 'Piano Ombre' for sure. Made a refreshing change from the usual "f*ck off you c*nts" that you often hear shouted at support bands in Southampton.....

I was surprised by the crowd as well, older than I expected too, but agree that the support act was great. When we walked in, one of the staff said something like "you might wanna nip back to the pub before you come in whilst the support act is on", but I always try and give the supports a good listen before I decide if they are my type of band, and FatAM (the abbreviation is wasted now it looks like it's short for Fat Arctic Monkeys and that I felt I needed to share that, anyway...) were great great

20 hours ago, Staff_Sav said:

I was surprised by the crowd as well, older than I expected too, but agree that the support act was great. When we walked in, one of the staff said something like "you might wanna nip back to the pub before you come in whilst the support act is on", but I always try and give the supports a good listen before I decide if they are my type of band, and FatAM (the abbreviation is wasted now it looks like it's short for Fat Arctic Monkeys and that I felt I needed to share that, anyway...) were great great

FatAM - Fat Arctic Monkeys - PMSL :-D

We were chatting after getting our drinks and I thought initially 'ooh, a pleasant background noise', but then they really grabbed our attention and I noticed they'd had the same effect on everyone else. I get chills when that happens. I thought their interpretation of that Moroccan Sufi song to the moon was incredible. And when he said "As we are French, in these times we really need to remember what we love about Muslim culture", he deservedly got a big round of applause for that. Restored my faith in humanity a bit. A Glasto moment at Soton G'hall - who'd have thought it eh? :-)

They did, as i discovered them a week after I got back from Glasto that year and was gutted I missed out on seeing them. I also missed them last year due to them clashing with The Mothership, so from a really selfish point of view I would love for them to play 4 years running but I can't see it happening.

Saw them for the first time at the Glade this year and loved it. One of my first post-glasto blues fixes was to get tickets for their Brixton show on Sunday, which was fantastic too. They threw everything at it and was a great night.

Also, while on the subject of PSB, no apologies for plugging this link again to their blog about the festival this year: http://jwillgoose.tumblr.com/post/122779075350/in-defence-of-Glastonbury

It's one of my favourite bits of writing about the festival.

1 hour ago, marktea said:

Saw them for the first time at the Glade this year and loved it. One of my first post-glasto blues fixes was to get tickets for their Brixton show on Sunday, which was fantastic too. They threw everything at it and was a great night.

Also, while on the subject of PSB, no apologies for plugging this link again to their blog about the festival this year: http://jwillgoose.tumblr.com/post/122779075350/in-defence-of-Glastonbury

It's one of my favourite bits of writing about the festival.

Allow me to summarise the article: 

Public school fop complains about a bit of mud.  

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Allow me to summarise the article: 

Public school fop complains about a bit of mud.  

Did you read it?  The summary is:

Musician didn't enjoy festival as punter, but as performer re-evaluated it as having wonderful crowds and urges people not to " give in to that kind of cynicism and lazy ill-will "

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did you read it?  The summary is:

Musician didn't enjoy festival as punter, but as performer re-evaluated it as having wonderful crowds and urges people not to " give in to that kind of cynicism and lazy ill-will "

nah I gave up half way. Load of shite.

I actually cant bear this band. They just seem like a pair of the biggest bellends ever to walk the face of the earth, and their act has a very limited shelf life. I saw them play a gig in london and it was completely lifeless, the crowd comprising of 95% whoppers from east london not helping matters.

Everest is a tune, mind.

Just now, russycarps said:

nah I gave up half way. Load of shite.

I actually cant bear this band. They just seem like a pair of the biggest bellends ever to walk the face of the earth, and their act has a very limited shelf life. I saw them play a gig in london and it was completely lifeless, the crowd comprising of 95% whoppers from east london not helping matters.

Everest is a tune, mind.

Finish the article, seriously.  By the end, it should leave any Glastonbury lover with a big grin on their faces.