Public Service Broadcasting live stream Sunday 9pm GMT

VolumetricFox

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

Allow me to summarise the article:

Public school fop complains about a bit of mud.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

nah I gave up half way. Load of shite.

Allow me to quote from the article with a special recommendation just for you Russy:

"If you find yourself sitting at home moaning about this, that or the other, as I almost began to this year, feeling sorry for myself and only experiencing it through the distorting prism of online snarkiness – don’t give in to that kind of cynicism and lazy ill-will. Do yourself a favour and just  go one year read the f*cking article."

Edited by marktea

Never heard of them until I frequented this place. Result - highlight of the 2015 festival! Closely followed by Future Islands another forum recommendation.

Am scouring the boards for top tips for next year amongst the usual bantah over headliners!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Saw them at the Science Museum (obviously quite a fitting venue) and they were ruddy brilliant, as usual. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for them to return to the farm :)

I'm all for avoiding duplicate threads, but I got a little excited when I saw this thread appear, before I noticed that it's from last year. Maybe a new thread instead of bumping would have been better for this one?

No live stream for me :(

• 3 weeks later...

They've done the festival a couple of years in a row haven't they? So would seem logical that they might not be there this year - shame though. Their set in the Glade was amazing last year, up there as one of my highlights.

Funny this thread should pop up today, I'm off to see them in Nottingham tonight, should be a cracker!

saw them at their rescheduled leeds show last sunday - very impressive yet again a great evenings entertainment 

highlights for me were valentina, the other side, go, the now generation, if war should come & everest

korolev and sputnik were fantastic also, looking forward to see what direction they go in for the 3rd album

Agree, WW2 could be covered in much more scope and detail. Not a huge fan of the War Room EP except for Spitfire (which is an epic track). Still, there's plenty of scope for a focus on other things - off the top of my head: Vietnam war; modern conflicts (Iraq, Afghanistan, etc), the 80's as an era generally, the Cold War (insofar as it doesn't relate to the race for space), the development of technology in the 20th century... 

Really hope they perform 'Lit Up' tonight, I love the story behind it. For anyone who might be interested and isn't aware already, it's based on a retired naval officer who became an announcer for BBC radio. He was due to broadcast covering the gathering of the naval fleet, but met up with some old naval buddies beforehand and got shitfaced. When he went on air he was so hammered he just kept talking cobblers and repeating himself, so got taken off air pretty sharpish and suspended.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Woodrooffe

4 minutes ago, PiratePete said:

Agree, WW2 could be covered in much more scope and detail. Not a huge fan of the War Room EP except for Spitfire (which is an epic track). Still, there's plenty of scope for a focus on other things - off the top of my head: Vietnam war; modern conflicts (Iraq, Afghanistan, etc), the 80's as an era generally, the Cold War (insofar as it doesn't relate to the race for space), the development of technology in the 20th century... 

Really hope they perform 'Lit Up' tonight, I love the story behind it. For anyone who might be interested and isn't aware already, it's based on a retired naval officer who became an announcer for BBC radio. He was due to broadcast covering the gathering of the naval fleet, but met up with some old naval buddies beforehand and got shitfaced. When he went on air he was so hammered he just kept talking cobblers and repeating himself, so got taken off air pretty sharpish and suspended.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Woodrooffe

The Cold War and the Civil Rights Movement seem pretty ripe for the PSB touch.