bamber

The Fermi paradox

The latest thinking is that Gravity is just the propensity of all matter to seek the place where time travels slowest. Such a plausible theory should not be dismissed.  Gravity it turns out is just a universal attraction to kicking back, chilling out and wasting time.

Some things degenerate obviously. We gravitate to that where time travels slowest, obviously.

Edited by bamber

4 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

And other things accentuate everything we live in this vast universe for....

• Upvote 1

An Orangutan made out of sticks*. An advanced alien intelligence might even, probably would, just, see this as a bunch of sticks? We could be looking at the products, the artistic outpourings, of great alien intelligence, broadcast across the vast interstellar, intergalactic universe and see just a bunch of sticks. Do you see what I'm saying here? In an infinite universe, there would of course be an infinite number of Orangutans made out of sticks. Intuition always suggests otherwise. If there are other planets where there are Orangutans and there are artists who chose to make a representation of their Orangutans made out of sticks, then there is is no sign of them. It does not mean they are not there.

There is however the tantalising possibility, in a finite universe, that this is the only Orangutan made out of sticks that has ever existed in the whole of the history of the Universe. Imagine that!

It is so, so beautiful. It is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

green_sun-6.jpg

*(Craft Field Glastonbury 2017)

Edited by bamber

Cosmic Jazz. Saw Jah Wobble at the Glade this year. Freekin` Awesome since 1982

In an ideal world, there would be ideal outcomes.

No such world exists.

Fukushima shows us that the world is imperfect.

15 hours ago, bamber said:

In an ideal world, there would be ideal outcomes.

No such world exists.

Fukushima shows us that the world is imperfect.

We still have love and music. And that'll do for me in the meantime.

On 24/07/2017 at 7:28 PM, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

We still have love and music. And that'll do for me in the meantime.

Hooray to that!

Stephen Hawking thinks we should shut the fuck up and not draw any attention to ourselves because advanced aliens are likely hostile. I'm not so sure about that, but he likely knows better than me, so I kind of defer on that one.

Would aliens eat us when presented with this though?

Edited by bamber

As cosmically inconsequential events go, me going to see Roy Ayres next Sunday in Amsterdam, must rank as one of the more galacticly irrelevant outcomes. That said I'm fully looking froward to it. 

On this planet, I'm not able to name another Vibes virtuoso. Intuitively, again, to re-iterate an earlier point, in a finite universe Roy Ayres may be the only Vibes virtuoso that ever existed! Roy is 76 now, he was a lot younger here.... even I am too old to remember this Californian performance on Soul Train, I do so however wish I was there.... Just bees and things and flowers.....