Blues Music at Glasto

Billy Corgan's Ego

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I may be a bit late in this but has anybody heard of Lazer Lloyd before? He came up on a sponsored post on Facebook, had a wee listen and he was pretty good! I'd recommend him to anybody who would consider them a fan of blues music. He's playing in Paris on Monday 27th June so I reckon he could easily be on the Glastonbury bill somewhere?

21 minutes ago, theDandy said:

I may be a bit late in this but has anybody heard of Lazer Lloyd before? He came up on a sponsored post on Facebook, had a wee listen and he was pretty good! I'd recommend him to anybody who would consider them a fan of blues music. He's playing in Paris on Monday 27th June so I reckon he could easily be on the Glastonbury bill somewhere?

I'll keep a lookout for him. Hopefully we will get plenty of Blues!

On 08/01/2016 at 3:47 PM, theDandy said:

Never heard of him before but I like this! I play guitar and I'd love to know how he gets this tone...

Out of Time

55 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Taj Mahal playing Paris on July 9th.............

Fantastic stuff :)

16 hours ago, theDandy said:

Yeah good isn't he! What guitar and amp have you got?

He sounds great.

Er I have a Squier tele with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, but at the minute I mainly use an Epiphone Les Paul since it's pretty new to me. In fact I was playing it this morning!

I don't have an amp (small flat!) so I use Guitar Rig 5 and headphones, there are so many options in GR I tend to just fire up the fake Orange amp ("Citrus") and add a delay to that. I really need to play about with it.

Do you play? If this is starting to derail this thread it might be best to start another thread for musicians...? Or PMs?

13 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

He sounds great.

Er I have a Squier tele with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, but at the minute I mainly use an Epiphone Les Paul since it's pretty new to me. In fact I was playing it this morning!

I don't have an amp (small flat!) so I use Guitar Rig 5 and headphones, there are so many options in GR I tend to just fire up the fake Orange amp ("Citrus") and add a delay to that. I really need to play about with it.

Do you play? If this is starting to derail this thread it might be best to start another thread for musicians...? Or PMs?

Sounds lovely! I've got a cream and black American Tele and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III. I only really bought them (on finance) to play live with my band at the time but we stopped playing so rarely play them but they are a match made in Heaven when it comes to the tone. I tend to play my classical guitar much more.

1 hour ago, theDandy said:

Sounds lovely! I've got a cream and black American Tele and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III. I only really bought them (on finance) to play live with my band at the time but we stopped playing so rarely play them but they are a match made in Heaven when it comes to the tone. I tend to play my classical guitar much more.

Sounds great! :) I've heard the Hot Rods have a great natural blues/rock sound, would love to try a Vox AC30 too.

Aww keep up your electric playing! I find it much better to play over drums rather than just the guitar itself, it feels far more productive (since it forces you to play along and try to make actual music rather than just practice scales). I use BFD3 but I'm sure you could find small samples to loop and play over.

EDIT: Never played a classical but they seem like fun.

Anyway, derail over :P

Edited by Room to sway

31 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Sounds great! :) I've heard the Hot Rods have a great natural blues/rock sound, would love to try a Vox AC30 too.

Aww keep up your electric playing! I find it much better to play over drums rather than just the guitar itself, it feels far more productive (since it forces you to play along and try to make actual music rather than just practice scales). I use BFD3 but I'm sure you could find small samples to loop and play over.

EDIT: Never played a classical but they seem like fun.

Anyway, derail over :P

Yeah I just took my guitar in to Dawsons the music shop in Liverpool and had a play on numerous amps and the Hot Rod was the one straight from the off! Such a nice, clean tone with great reverb on it too. I was taught and grew up playing the classical so it's much more natural to me but do love a good play on my Tele every now and then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, alanr said:

Just spotted Buddy Guy is playing in UK 30th June, 1st and 2nd July. Tour dates show a gap from the end of May.

http://www.buddyguy.net/tour/

Would be perfect for a pyramid spot like BB King.

Or West Holts!

Taj Mahal also playing Paris that week. Could it be?! :o

Hes 79 now but still has the tekkers

Edited by The Nal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...