PJ Harvey

russycarps

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah to be fair I've expected some acts to stay high up the bill based on heritage and popular with older crowds so this isn't much different, so she'd be too big for Park. However I don't think she'll be higher than her peak position so third or maybe fourth down Pyramid is fair. However I don't really expect her to turn up at all and would more so expect her to headline EOTR or Green Man or Wilderness (am I thinking of the right one?) or something.

PJ anywhere plz

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She was actually a way more relevant artist in 2004 though. Creating more accessible songs that were played on the radio.

Also I like how we use the Mercury Prize to prove a point when it suits us but when you're all trashing Flo and her multiple nominations then it doesn't mean anything. :(

was she? I honestly cant remember her being widely popular ever really, apart from in the 90s when down by the water came out.

The mercury music prize is a load of old cocks but it does give musicians exposure and a record sales bump. Besides, your beloved florence has never won it and who cares about the losers...

Recent sales or chart positions... 

This reminds me of the X Factor when they flash up those bits before the guests saying "120m youtube hits!"..... "10m twitter followers!".... "number one in 27 countries!".... 

Popularity is no measure of greatness.

PJ Harvey is great. I'll be there, if it happens.

On 11/26/2015 7:36:23, arcade fireman said:

I could see her headlining Other. There's quite a few people 30 plus at Glasto (which will include me, just) who will have liked her since the 90s. She's got such an extensive back catalogue she'd have to headline one of the stages. 

I know I'm still a relative newbie to this Glaston-Berry thing, and I really like Polly, but even with my limited Worthy experience, do you really think she's an Other Stage headliner in the current profile of the festival and at this stage in her career?

I don't think I can see it myself. That whole gig just feels a bit too...big, in context.

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know I'm still a relative newbie to this Glaston-Berry thing, and I really like Polly, but even with my limited Worthy experience, do you really think she's an Other Stage headliner in the current profile of the festival and at this stage in her career?

I don't think I can see it myself. That whole gig just feels a bit too...big, in context.

Ben

yeah, there's no way she's gonna headline Other. hard to explain why without resorting to talking about 'rules' and 'patterns' etc, but she just doesn't seem like a good fit at all. mid-Pyramid act, third or fourth, is the only place i can realistically see her playing

And I'll say here that in my opinion,  no other British artist has consistently delivered the quality of music throughout their career like she has. I'm not going to g2016 but if she plays,  she'll be incredible.  

Never seen her headline a festival so field day will be a triumph. 

And while I'm at it, let England shake is the best thing I've heard for years. 

i wasn't there in '95 but remember listening to the bits of this that was on the radio and it was one of the things that made me want to go to Glasto someday

saw her in '04, but I think the '95 set is probably her most memorable Worthy Farm appearance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhPGukKb6lk

Edited by tevaburger

Was the 95 appearance the pink catsuit one? I remember watching it on TV and being mesmerised. The footage that year was first made me desperate to go to Glastonbury, aged 13. Sadly my mum wouldn't let me and then I couldn't afford it until 2008!

Anyway  I'm all over that Field Day line up. Will definitely get a Sunday ticket I reckon. :)

15 hours ago, tevaburger said:

i wasn't there in '95 but remember listening to the bits of this that was on the radio and it was one of the things that made me want to go to Glasto someday

saw her in '04, but I think the '95 set is probably her most memorable Worthy Farm appearance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhPGukKb6lk

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Was the 95 appearance the pink catsuit one? I remember watching it on TV and being mesmerised. The footage that year was first made me desperate to go to Glastonbury, aged 13. Sadly my mum wouldn't let me and then I couldn't afford it until 2008!

Anyway  I'm all over that Field Day line up. Will definitely get a Sunday ticket I reckon. :)

My first Glastonbury and my 21st Birthday, brilliant gig! Hope she plays again in 2016.

On 11/26/2015, 10:52:22, russycarps said:

I like to think the bookers are not as swayed by record sales and radio airplay as some of the people on this forum...

But considering they have gone for Muse, Adele and Coldplay to headline the pyramid it seems that they are