PJ Harvey

russycarps

cant find an other threads on her..

announced as a field day headliner. Surely this makes her likely for glastonbury at long last??

Other stage headliner, easily. Though I'd have her headlining the pyramid personally. She's comfortably the best female uk artist around at the moment.

But I could actually see her subbing the pyramid on the sunday, in the nick cave slot.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't find a thread devoted solely to PJ Harvey (apologies if there's one out there), but with her being confirmed on eFests as being at Field Day in June surely she's due an appearance at Glastonbury next year?

Whilst 5 years old now, Let England Shake still feels very 'relevant'.

Any chance of seeing her, do we think? Would you want to? If so, on what stage?

Admittedly, she's a contentious one, is PJ, for various reasons, I love her music though.

third or fourth on Pyramid at best i'd say. previous Field Day headliners have headlined the Park (Metronomy), subbed West Holts (Caribou) and played fifth on the Pyramid (Patti Smith) so around those type of slots i'd say. don't think she has the wide appeal to really play any higher than that

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

third or fourth on Pyramid at best i'd say. previous Field Day headliners have headlined the Park (Metronomy), subbed West Holts (Caribou) and played fifth on the Pyramid (Patti Smith) so around those type of slots i'd say. don't think she has the wide appeal to really play any higher than that

I think you'd be surprised at how high she'd be placed. She'd easily get as big a crowd as nick cave did when he subbed the pyramid. 

And i'd say she's as popular as bjork, who headlined the other. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

she only played third in 2004 and, Let England Shake being a bit of a return to form aside (four years ago), she hasn't exactly grown in popularity. third down on Pyramid again at best. no way will she sub

I think she's more popular now than in 2004. The mercury award gave her a lot of exposure.

Sunday pyramid sub. I'll bet my ballbag on it.

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

I think she's more popular now than in 2004. The mercury award gave her a lot of exposure.

Sunday pyramid sub. I'll bet my ballbag on it.

One assumes that student didn't come up with a viable solution to your ballbag related problem then?!

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

One assumes that student didn't come up with a viable solution to your ballbag related problem then?!

no! the lousy bum didnt reply :( 

I make you right about the current relevance of let england shake. That + her being female will see her being elevated to pyramid sub/other headliner I reckon. 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If she could happily headline the Park then why would you want her to sub Coldplay? You just don't like leaving the Pyramid, do you Russ?

I think she deserves a more prestigious slot than the park, and the bbc coverage that would come with it. 

I like to think the bookers are not as swayed by record sales and radio airplay as some of the people on this forum...