Field Day 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 1:12 PM, Tuna said:

Hmm, is it not selling well? Lineup is good but nothing particularly novel about it I guess.

Yeah there isn't really a massive exclusive draw for anyone I guess. I think most years are like this though and lot of people hold and wait to see what the weather is like on the day before deciding to go.

I get the impression it wouldn't be fantastic if it was pissing it down all day.

Edited by LondonTom

There's clearly a lot more focus on the DJ side of things the past few years. With so many small weekend festivals offering similar lineups (Farr, Gottwood, etc.) with the camping and other stuff thrown in, I think they've maybe lost quite a bit of their hopeful demographic.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a funny feeling that The Avalanches are getting announced for field day tonight. Evidence: 

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 19.45.41.png 

Twitter earlier today, pictures of butterflies - Avalanches social media was changed to a golden butterfly last night. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 19.47.45.png

Then an announcement an hour ago stating something is happening at 11pm tonight, which is 9am tomorrow in Australia, where the Splendour in the Grass announcement is happening on Triple J radio. It is widely rumoured that The Avalanches are launching their comeback soon, with a big slot at the festival. 

I could be wrong...but that's my hunch.