Field Day 2016

5co77ie

On 1/6/2016 at 10:34 PM, TomViolence said:

See I couldn't think of anything better (if we're being realistic to the size of Field Day). Horses for courses though hey

Quite, the type of festival/acts/crowd it usually gets it couldn't pull out a more perfect set of headliners really!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant, for the life of me, figure out how 'popular' LCD Soundsystem are in the UK....I.e. what size festival would they headline? Field Day? Latitude? Surely not Reading.....but yet....they are headlining Coachella. Mind you, that is scenster poser paradise.....

Im personally happy i get to see them again. I just.....have no idea where they would 'fit' in the UK festy circuit....Field Day is as good a shout as any....maybe Lovebox?!?

12 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I cant, for the life of me, figure out how 'popular' LCD Soundsystem are in the UK....I.e. what size festival would they headline? Field Day? Latitude? Surely not Reading.....but yet....they are headlining Coachella. Mind you, that is scenster poser paradise.....

Im personally happy i get to see them again. I just.....have no idea where they would 'fit' in the UK festy circuit....Field Day is as good a shout as any....maybe Lovebox?!?

Lovebox is what we've heard, tho I can't guarantee it's right.

25 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'm confused now, I thought that turned out to be bullshit?

Nope, not necessarily bullshit.

Matey might be telling an outright porkie, or he might not. If not, what he heard might be right, it might not.

To be fair to him, he's in a place where in theory he should mostly get accurate info, tho I know from checking his history (some under another ID) he's not always been correct. From memory tho, he does have a significantly better hit rate than most posters here.

The DJ lineup gets better every year. Black Madonna, Tale of Us, Bicep, Jack b2b Gerd, Daphni -- all big bookings. Girl Band and Metz particularly float my boat too. If Primavera falls through then this lineup is solid enough that I can't complain too much.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bad feeling it's gonna be Bloc Party as their London show is tonight (Thursday) and they could've been waiting for that to sell out/pass. It's not like Field Day could've anticipated how crap they'd become when they booked 'em though.

Oh, that fits too well. I really hope not, especially considering how many great bands are touring this summer.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah. That's okay after the prospect of Bloc Party but man gets everywhere. His new song is good tho.

Hoping he'll swing by Glastonbury this year, not sure where he could play these days though? 

Reckon we might see a 1-800 DJ set from him over the weekend.

The Sunday is looking like the more suited day for me though, not just I can justify the whole weekend price. 

• 2 weeks later...