Field Day 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LondonTom said:

Meh, its ok. Nothing I  am overly interested in. They all pretty make nice additions for me and I'd see them if I was there.

Can't make out who the Saturday headliner is? or is that hopefully to be TBA? Four Tet?

Certainly not Four Tet, think it's still TBA especially if you look at the way that Field Day have put PJ Harvey big above the others in the individual Sunday poster, but nobody at the top for the Saturday one

3 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

Ill be there! 

Anyone ever grab the VIP tickets? Wonder if its worth it. Probably not.

In regards to the headliner...for some reason I think the Cure. 

I am sure its just a small bar, and some nice cushions/bean bags that are fenced off. I thought the bars weren't that bad when I went so I doubt its worth it.

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Certainly not Four Tet, think it's still TBA especially if you look at the way that Field Day have put PJ Harvey big above the others in the individual Sunday poster, but nobody at the top for the Saturday one

Mhmm *crosses fingers for Justice to return*

Saturday's headliner is often someone more danceable in balance to the rockier Sunday lineup.

Probably dreaming with this one but if LCD Soundsystem are reuniting as rumoured and probably playing Primavera Sound around FD then maybe this is the 'one UK festival' they're headlining, which explains the delay and the similar holdup for the first PS headliner. Not entirely convinced of this reunion happening but it'd explain a lot. Huge coup if it happened though.

On 11/27/2015, 1:41:11, dentalplan said:

Saturday's headliner is often someone more danceable in balance to the rockier Sunday lineup.

Probably dreaming with this one but if LCD Soundsystem are reuniting as rumoured and probably playing Primavera Sound around FD then maybe this is the 'one UK festival' they're headlining, which explains the delay and the similar holdup for the first PS headliner. Not entirely convinced of this reunion happening but it'd explain a lot. Huge coup if it happened though.

That would be pretty massive if they did. I still have a slight feeling they are touring. People on the Coachella forums are calling it a lock. For some reason I think LCD would do Reading/leads or IOW/Bestival.

But the fact they are holding off makes sense. Coachella always get the exclusive announcements so we wont find out until January. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2015 at 9:59 PM, LondonTom said:

I am sure its just a small bar, and some nice cushions/bean bags that are fenced off. I thought the bars weren't that bad when I went so I doubt its worth it

My parents got me VIP tickets for my birthday and yes, you are pretty much bang on. There is a cocktail bar, a little area for sitting down in, some nicer toilets and a fried chicken stall. Only spend about an hour in there to be honest with you.

• 3 weeks later...

Long shot but do you think that LCD Soundsystem could be the Saturday headliner? It's odd that the festival hasn't announced it yet as they normally announce both headliners at the same time so they could be waiting till they are allowed to announce them. 

Edited by tuckdails

12 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Rumours on reddit are that LCD are lined up for Bonnaroo which is the same weekend as Field Day. Hopefully that's not the case, I was hopeful they would be our Saturday headliner.

Very likely as they are apparantly not at Gov's Ball. Bon will be out next week I'd imagine anyway. Can't think of anythong worse than LCD and PJ as two headers mind.