Underworld

Deano77

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i'm not sure they'd be able to pack the field out as much as they used to be able to, which is why JP seems ideal for them really

You probably are right tbf. I had two JP headers in my head a few ago, can't remember one but Underworld and Editors makes two. Editors could probably be a sub now even tbf.

does the JP do dance headliners much?  i thought it was a bit indie for that, what with there being plenty of dance stages about.  i saw DJ Shadow in 2011 in there against U2, but he isn't strictly dance.  it's not a venue i bother with too often.

i could see Underworld doing a similar spot to Leftfield this year.

edit - did Groove Armada do it once?

Edited by fatyeti24

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

does the JP do dance headliners much?  i thought it was a bit indie for that, what with there being plenty of dance stages about.  i saw DJ Shadow in 2011 in there against U2, but he isn't strictly dance.  it's not a venue i bother with too often.

Groove Armada have, and Hot Chip.

Underworld have done a Peel Session or two in their time as well, I think. Not that that's really important anymore looking at the lineups...

3 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Totally agree, they would fit perfectly in a similar slot to Leftfield this year...and that was an awesome set!

14 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

12 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Its not going to happen but imagine seeing them on The Glade.

It would be perfect, but they do seem a little too big.   I get the feeling they're just a bit too big for Glade - I can't be bothered to look at the sizes of their recent venues they've toured.  Anyone know if they've been playing larger gigs than Leftfield?

Even though it's unusual for such a dancey band to play, Underworld do seem such an awkward size for all the other stages that JP really does seem like a good fit, at least with the old tent, gawd knows what effect the refit would have.

They do have a singer after all, so perhaps they have enough crossover appeal to play JP?