Sigur Ros

admscott

Id convinced myself that Sigur Ros didnt really have a chance of playing G this year and were likely going to be playing Latitude.

A check of their tour dates last night uncovered that theyre already due to play 3 days out of the 4 days that Latitude is on. The only date they could play Latitude is the friday, which would mean travelling to the UK for that, then travelling to belgium the day after, and then back to the UK for Citidel. Would also mean playing 4 nights on the bounce which they arnt doing across the whole tour.

Conclusion: Sigur Ros are playing Glastonbury!!! 

Could they conceivably headline West Holts? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Id convinced myself that Sigur Ros didnt really have a chance of playing G this year and were likely going to be playing Latitude.

A check of their tour dates last night uncovered that theyre already due to play 3 days out of the 4 days that Latitude is on. The only date they could play Latitude is the friday, which would mean travelling to the UK for that, then travelling to belgium the day after, and then back to the UK for Citidel. Would also mean playing 4 nights on the bounce which they arnt doing across the whole tour.

Thanks for that, you've saved me the pain of ever digging to convince myself they're playing, they're playing, it's happening 

24 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

They aren't big enough to headline the other?

every time i see this thread has new posts i assume they've announced their other UK date. safe for now!

Latitude hasn't yet repeated a headliner, and whilst Sigur Ros wouldn't be a bad act to start doing that with, it kind of ruled them out anyway

i still think they'll end up headlining another smaller festival that nobody is thinking of, but every time a festival announces it's acts with no Sigur Ros included i get a little more hopeful

Other headliner though, for sure. no other position for them at Glastonbury imo

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I still think they'll end up headlining Wilderness festival, especially with the LCD Soundystem, New Order, Bring Me the Horizon trio seeming fairly likely for Other stage headliners. Would be a great surprise if they do end up playing Glastonbury though!

yeah that's definitely what i think will end up happening unfortunately! LCD Soundsystem and Sigur Ros both headlining the Other in one year is just far too good to be true. maybe we'll get them next year when the album's been released... (along with Nine Inch Nails)

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah that's definitely what i think will end up happening unfortunately! LCD Soundsystem and Sigur Ros both headlining the Other in one year is just far too good to be true. maybe we'll get them next year when the album's been released... (along with Nine Inch Nails)

Them and Nine Inch Nails headlining the Other stage next year with Radiohead headlining the Pyramid on the other night sounds fine to me!

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You reckon LCD Soundsystem are too big to do a Hot Chip and headline the West Holts instead of the Other?

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

You reckon LCD Soundsystem are too big to do a Hot Chip and headline the West Holts instead of the Other?

definitely. they subbed Other last time round and are much bigger now what with the reunion hype etc. they could easily headline a smaller fest like Latitude or Bestival so i think it's Other headliner or nothing for them (somebody proposed that they sub the Pyramid, which i guess isn't totally ridiculous, but Other headliner seems far more likely)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Them and Nine Inch Nails headlining the Other stage next year with Radiohead headlining the Pyramid on the other night sounds fine to me!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

that's the dream!

Woooah! We shouldn't be going to the same festival. That would be my nightmare lol.

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

They aren't big enough to headline the other?

Oh ofc. Its only the whole LCD, New Order, BMTH scenario thats made me debate whether they could play West Holts. I personally think it would be inspired having then on that stage at the same time as Coldplay and BMTH. Inspired tho very unlikely.

5 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Oh ofc. Its only the whole LCD, New Order, BMTH scenario thats made me debate whether they could play West Holts. I personally think it would be inspired having then on that stage at the same time as Coldplay and BMTH. Inspired tho very unlikely.

With Adele, Muse and Coldplay probably pyramid headliners, I was hoping the Other Stage would pull something special out.

Im only interested in New Order out of those 3. Sigur Ros would change that.

6 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Hmmm i just don't think BMTH will headline the Other, i can only see them subbing the Other.

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Hmmm i just don't think BMTH will headline the Other, i can only see them subbing the Other.

you could well be right - the size of the Other subs in recent years seems to have grown somewhat, so if they found a suitable headliner to go above them (The Prodigy being the most glaringly obvious one) then i don't see why it couldn't happen. i was thinking that they wouldn't want to do anything less than Other headliner as they're somewhat above that now, but it could just be that they want to tick Glastonbury off before they become too big for it entirely (which they're on the verge of being)

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

With Adele, Muse and Coldplay probably pyramid headliners, I was hoping the Other Stage would pull something special out.

they may not be for everybody, but they're a much more diverse and stronger trio than we've had over the past few years imo (but of course, Sigur Ros in there would take it out of the stratosphere)

they may not be for everybody, but they're a much more diverse and stronger trio than we've had over the past few years imo (but of course, Sigur Ros in there would take it out of the stratosphere)

I definitely agree with that. 

Iggy Pop to sub New Order. That will do me for one night at the other.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I definitely agree with that. 

Iggy Pop to sub New Order. That will do me for one night at the other.

that's an excellent shout. he's yet another one who's been around the past few years but hasn't been booked. make it happen festival gods! i'm hoping the apparently shitty headliners this year means an insane undercard is on the way

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I can only see that being compromised if BMTH aren't headlining, LCD are a certainty, and I can't see New Order not doing it at this stage 

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

you could well be right - the size of the Other subs in recent years seems to have grown somewhat, so if they found a suitable headliner to go above them (The Prodigy being the most glaringly obvious one) then i don't see why it couldn't happen. i was thinking that they wouldn't want to do anything less than Other headliner as they're somewhat above that now, but it could just be that they want to tick Glastonbury off before they become too big for it entirely (which they're on the verge of being)

The reason why BMTH may well take a sub slot over the headline slot is that if it's as expected Coldplay, it would at least give them the chance to play to more people. Coldplay did only do 1.5hrs last time which means anyone wanting to catch both with have time to get there after BMTH. Should this happen I'll be happy as I'd see The Prodigy again but have no interest in going to V for them and I feel they'll probably take that due to the time slot. Bearing in mind that depending on what The Prodigy have planned after Glasto may mean any appearance may well be the Friday and not the Sunday leaving them Saturday/Sunday for Hurricane and Southside (they did do these two last time).

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The reason why BMTH may well take a sub slot over the headline slot is that if it's as expected Coldplay, it would at least give them the chance to play to more people. Coldplay did only do 1.5hrs last time which means anyone wanting to catch both with have time to get there after BMTH. Should this happen I'll be happy as I'd see The Prodigy again but have no interest in going to V for them and I feel they'll probably take that due to the time slot. Bearing in mind that depending on what The Prodigy have planned after Glasto may mean any appearance may well be the Friday and not the Sunday leaving them Saturday/Sunday for Hurricane and Southside (they did do these two last time).

somehow i doubt the Coldplay/BMTH crowd is gonna overlap enough for BMTH to have to worry about their crowd dwindling because of a clash. in fact I'm sure they'd love to go up against Coldplay/be an outright headliner

i'd be torn with The Prodigy - on the one hand they have their share of bangers and I'm sure it'd be mental... but on the other hand they also have their fair share of shite and i don't know how much 'this is for my warriors' shit i could take

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

somehow i doubt the Coldplay/BMTH crowd is gonna overlap enough for BMTH to have to worry about their crowd dwindling because of a clash. in fact I'm sure they'd love to go up against Coldplay/be an outright headliner

i'd be torn with The Prodigy - on the one hand they have their share of bangers and I'm sure it'd be mental... but on the other hand they also have their fair share of shite and i don't know how much 'this is for my warriors' shit i could take

WHERE ARE ALL THE PRODIGY PEOPLE, ALL MY WARRIOR PEOPLE, ALL MY GLASTONBURY WARRIORS (excitingly screams - beat kicks in) 

itll go go a little like that, EVERY song

I think you'd be surprised, Coldplay are one of those poppier acts that appeal to quite a lot of rock fans. I know of two people going and 1 that tried to go that would watch BMTH but then head to Coldplay. But as I say, The Prodigy may only be free Friday so it could be a Muse or Foo's clash if it happen (please not this one) and The Prodigy close Friday Other while BMTH do Sunday. This has made me think that perhaps BMTH are subbing afterall.