admscott

Sigur Ros

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Damn I'm really torn about this gig. 

Looking at the seating plan for London it looks like there is some standing, right at the back of the stalls and the circle. Has anyone been to a seating gig here? Will the standing areas be a terrible place to watch the gig from? The prices are really high for the seating, apart from the ones right at the very very back.

You'll have to contend with the overhang of the gallery seats above - that starts around row Y I think it is. The seats are on eventim's site as 'restricted view' for this reason. I suspect from having sat and watched a comedian under the overhang before you'll miss the top bit of the stage off from your sightline.

Also taking into account theatre monkey you'd need to get there reasonably early to get a reasonable space - 2 rows of 60 people only apparently and one is right behind the sound mixer desk.

Seeing as the show at G was highly visual and I'd expect the same again from them thats why I chose to fork out for a stalls seat. I'm on my own in row V

http://www.theatremonkey.com/HAMMERSMITHbooking.htm#Th

6 hours ago, russycarps said:

Looking at the seating plan for London it looks like there is some standing, right at the back of the stalls and the circle. Has anyone been to a seating gig here? Will the standing areas be a terrible place to watch the gig from? The prices are really high for the seating, apart from the ones right at the very very back.

I'd only recommend the standing if the only seats you can get are literally the back row, or if you can get there early enough to bag a good spot. 

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

The standing area isn't great. When I had tickets for there I ended up just standing in the aisle bit alongside the seats. Lots did and no one moved us.

September seems like such a long time away now I've watched this. Also after hearing them with a full orchestra it makes me wish that's what we was getting on these UK dates. Will be special all the same no doubt.

I went in to seeing them tonight  totally unenthused what with them doing a near identical show to Glastonbury and having no new material released in time for this tour, but fuck me, they blew my goddamn socks off tonight. What a band. What a stage show. I will never tire of hearing their songs performed live. Just phenomenal. 

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Like 1

I went to see them Saturday night, they're just so reliably brilliant. I loved the times they played with the orchestra but there's an intensity about them as a three piece which wasn't there before, and the light show is stunning. Popplagio manages to throw the rest of the gig into shade it's that good. 

Sounds awesome, even more excited about the Apollo gig on Wednesday now.

What sort of time did they come on stage? It's two sets with an interval, right?

3 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Sounds awesome, even more excited about the Apollo gig on Wednesday now.

What sort of time did they come on stage? It's two sets with an interval, right?

Came on at 8 and played for an hour, then a twenty minute interval, then came back on and played for an hour and ten.