Sigur Ros

admscott

4 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Just tell him Sigur Ros are Muse. How's he going to know?

Hahaha. That is such a brilliant solution. "No, dad, this IS the Pyramid Stage. No, they DO sing in English. You can't hear? Dad there is seriously something wrong with your hearing."

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Sounds like he'd most enjoy Hoppipolla. Just don't tell him they almost certainly won't play it.

Good one. Will be sure not to mention that. 

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Go to see Muse with him.  Keep yourselves up the hill a bit to facilitate a trot over to JP if needed.  See how it goes.  Assess after 30 mins whether he's into them or has had enough and would like to try something else.  He will have seen enough by then to assure his colleagues he saw Muse and they were great so that can be ticked off.  Heck, you might even want to stay - Muse are a good live band.  It shouldn't take long to do the dash up to JP if you want to catch the second half of SR and you'll be able to hear Muse most of the way. 

If Hoppipolla doesn't convince him (or letting him listen to Muse's Psycho for that matter), this seems like a good option. I was also concerned we might not get into the tent but I suppose that'll be fine. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same setlist as previously at NOS primavera. It seems they have 15 minutes less at glastonbury (looking at the clash-finder - sorry if misread). What will be cut? 

Óveður

Starálfur

Sæglópur

Glósóli

Vaka

Ný Batterí

E-Bow

Festival

Yfirborð

Kveikur

Hafsól

Popplagið

1 hour ago, Tigerdragon said:

Same setlist as previously at NOS primavera. It seems they have 15 minutes less at glastonbury (looking at the clash-finder - sorry if misread). What will be cut? 

Óveður

Starálfur

Sæglópur

Glósóli

Vaka

Ný Batterí

E-Bow

Festival

Yfirborð

Kveikur

Hafsól

Popplagið

Hopefully one of Yfirbord or Hafsol - the rest are too good to discard. Considering they're playing a fair few from ( ) then I guess they could drop one of those

3 hours ago, zico martin said:

this place makes me feel so bad that im not a SR or Underworld fan and I think I'm gonna check out Muse for all the hits :(

sorry guys

No shame there Zico. I would never listen to Muse at home but have somehow managed to be at both their previous headlining sets. I was thoroughly entertained each time. A couple of mates who've seen them recently both said they were great.

4 hours ago, Tigerdragon said:

Óveður

Starálfur

Sæglópur

Glósóli

Vaka

Ný Batterí

E-Bow

Festival

Yfirborð

Kveikur

Hafsól

Popplagið

Assuming they play them, i will likely cry during both Vaka and Hafsól...

Ben

19 hours ago, Tigerdragon said:

Óveður

Starálfur

Sæglópur

Glósóli

Vaka

Ný Batterí

E-Bow

Festival

Yfirborð

Kveikur

Hafsól

Popplagið

Hopefully not ebow, love that

On 6/7/2016 at 5:06 PM, bennyhana22 said:

I don't want to be that guy, but did anyone see Underworld on Later... a couple of weeks ago. They were fucking horrific!

Tired, idea-less sound with faux geezer spoken vocal shite.

When they did it for Trainspotting in 1996 we thought it was great. We were mid-20's and so were they. Now...hmmm...not so much.

I just don't get the love for them these days and if I could change just one thing about Glastonbury this year I'd be at West Holts on Friday night watching Sigur Rós give a performance that would be talked about for years to come...

Just my tuppence.

As you were.

Ben
x

Karl Hyde was knocking on 40 when Nuxx was out Benny.

Still in two minds for the Friday night. I think I'd be by myself for SR, and there's been good reports from Underworld from my pal who went to see them at Coachella.

I love sigur ros and there is no way I will be anywhere else on Friday night, but..... I'm not asking for hoppipola but where is the lively uplifting track to get everyone nodding their heads. something like gobbledigook or Við spilum endalaust?

• 7 months later...

Anybody trying for tickets to their shows in September? I can't remember where I read it but apparently there won't be a support act and it's just Sigur Ros playing two sets (hope I haven't got that wrong - maybe somebody can confirm?)

Also, I see on seetickets that the London show is about £50/55. Anybody found out how much the Manchester ones are? 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody trying for tickets to their shows in September? I can't remember where I read it but apparently there won't be a support act and it's just Sigur Ros playing two sets (hope I haven't got that wrong - maybe somebody can confirm?)

Also, I see on seetickets that the London show is about £50/55. Anybody found out how much the Manchester ones are? 

£33.10 and £52.35 

All seated (I think) 

Edited by MattDavies__

Yeah, was in the email yesterday. 

"an evening with sigur rós” will showcase the icelandic trio in hand-picked theatres across europe for the first time in a decade

the month-long run will be the first time the band have toured europe without a support act, offering instead an extended evening of two sets separated by an intermission. pulling from their extensive back catalogue, the now three-piece will play many of their best-loved songs, as well as new and unreleased material, currently being written towards a forthcoming eighth studio album. 

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

£33.10 and £52.35 

All seated (I think) 

Yeah seems to be all seated at the London one. Was hoping the price gap would be similar to the London one so that I didn't feel bad going for the higher one as it's only a fiver, but if it's a full £20 I may have to reconsider that. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I'd normally be all over this but ended up seeing them at Glastonbury and in Edinburgh last summer so think I'll give this one a miss. By the look of their setlists it seems like despite the two sets it's a similar length to the a normal Sigur Ros gig anyway.

They haven't started this two set tour yet have they? The tour they were doing recently was a continuation of what we saw at Glastonbury (so basically what we got + 2 or so songs)

I'd normally be all over this but ended up seeing them at Glastonbury and in Edinburgh last summer so think I'll give this one a miss. By the look of their setlists it seems like despite the two sets it's a similar length to the a normal Sigur Ros gig anyway.

What set lists are you looking at? It'll be a brand new set list by then wont it?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They haven't started this two set tour yet have they? The tour they were doing recently was a continuation of what we saw at Glastonbury (so basically what we got + 2 or so songs)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sigur-ros/2016/kings-theatre-brooklyn-ny-7bfd26dc.html

There's quite a lot of setlists on setlist.fm like this, I'm sure the two set thing started on their American tour last year.

Didn't realise it was that expensive this time round either, when I saw them last summer I ended up getting mine for £12.50 as it was half price student tickets but even at full price that's a huge difference.

Edited by kingcrawler

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sigur-ros/2016/kings-theatre-brooklyn-ny-7bfd26dc.html

There's quite a lot of setlists on setlist.fm like this. 

Didn't realise it was that expensive this time round either, when I saw them last summer I ended up getting mine for £12.50 as it was half price student tickets but even at full price that's a huge difference.

Ah right hadn't seen that. Hoping it's a bit different come September. The all seating thing is definitely a bit of a bummer though.

14 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

£33.10 and £52.35 

All seated (I think) 

£33.10 is very reasonable and only the very far to the side front section seats in the Apollo aren't worth it. So yeah, I'm in. Worth mentioning that I've seen only two seated gigs at the Apollo before; Sufjan Stevens and Paul Simon, both were exceptional, so this is a good omen.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

£33.10 is very reasonable and only the very far to the side front section seats in the Apollo aren't worth it. So yeah, I'm in. Worth mentioning that I've seen only two seated gigs at the Apollo before; Sufjan Stevens and Paul Simon, both were exceptional, so this is a good omen.

Hmm I trust you so the £33.10 seats it is (if that's how much they end up being).  But if I end up in those cursed seats you've mentioned *shakes fist*

I think I've seen My Chemical Romance and Kate Nash at the Apollo, and that's it. Both were, of course, incredible.