Sigur Ros

admscott

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Great news. At least one clash decision I'm 100% sure on then!

Its not totally GREATEST HITS. Basically any song that required huge arrangements has been taken out or change dramatically. Its most definetly a rock show. The end is insane, Untitled 8 never sounded better. After the redditch gig I bought citadel tickets. Then urged friends to see them at Prim who loved it also. Its so good .

Depending who they clash with, the crowd should be fine. They will a attract a chill crowd but due to the visuals, seeing them in a tent is the best chocie 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

i saw them rehearse the new show

so , quick word. they are better than ever and its the best i have seen them.

sonically, the sound HUGE. the lack of strings or brass means nothing.

also, its their best lighting and visuals ever. you guys are in for a treat. gonna hit citadel for sure

Awesome, cheers for the feedback!

Foals > Sigur Ros (Glasto)

Caribou > Sigur Ros (Citadel)

Perrrfection :) 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The positive Savages reviews from Primavera have thrown a spaniard in the works for this. I'm now thinking about watching their set and then doing the dash up to the JP to see as much of Sigur Ros as I can after all.

I might have a Sigur Ros track or two on the CD swap for you to enjoy :)

So after thinking Sigur Ros were nailed on to be my Friday night headliner ever since the full line up dropped, I'm having second thoughts. I'll be seeing them at citadel anyway and I've spent the day listening to underworld both old and new and feel that has serious potential to be a massive, massive set.

Just when I though the Friday night clashathon was dead, I discover the joys of underworld... DECISIONS!

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

So after thinking Sigur Ros were nailed on to be my Friday night headliner ever since the full line up dropped, I'm having second thoughts. I'll be seeing them at citadel anyway and I've spent the day listening to underworld both old and new and feel that has serious potential to be a massive, massive set.

Just when I though the Friday night clashathon was dead, I discover the joys of underworld... DECISIONS!

If you're seeing Sigur Ros anyway, I'd go for Underworld. 

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

if you're gonna see Sigur Ros anyway i'd definitely go for Underworld at Glastonbury. Sigur Ros are gonna be fantastic, but Underworld at Glastonbury is gonna be pretty damn special, and that crowd is gonna go mental. plus its at the Holts which obviously gains extra points just because

I don't want to be that guy, but did anyone see Underworld on Later... a couple of weeks ago. They were fucking horrific!

Tired, idea-less sound with faux geezer spoken vocal shite.

When they did it for Trainspotting in 1996 we thought it was great. We were mid-20's and so were they. Now...hmmm...not so much.

I just don't get the love for them these days and if I could change just one thing about Glastonbury this year I'd be at West Holts on Friday night watching Sigur Rós give a performance that would be talked about for years to come...

Just my tuppence.

As you were.

Ben
x

Bah! - having seen Sigur Ros before I had almost decided that I would see Richard Hawley instead as I haven't seen him before...but reading what has been said here makes me want to see Sigur Ros again! BUT I also really want to see Savages....

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Also in a bit of a pickle here. I am really looking forward to Sigur Ros, but I'll be going with my dad and for the past few weeks colleagues have been telling him how amazing Muse is. Now I'm not a Muse fan and I'm sure they can put on a great show, but I'd much rather see Sigur Ros. On top of that my dad has never listened to any Muse songs and feels the Foo Fighters are 'loud'. 

What I really need is one video, one song to convince my dad that not only Sigur Ros will put on a better show, but also is a much more amazing experience than Muse. Any suggestions?

For your information, my dad is the kind of guy who is super excited that both Coldplay and Adele are playing and his biggest clash on Glastonbury is Coldplay - Cindy Lauper - Earth Wind and Fire. Can't really decide which Sigur Ros song/video will convince him (without freaking him out haha).

6 minutes ago, Aeleanor said:

Also in a bit of a pickle here. I am really looking forward to Sigur Ros, but I'll be going with my dad and for the past few weeks colleagues have been telling him how amazing Muse is. Now I'm not a Muse fan and I'm sure they can put on a great show, but I'd much rather see Sigur Ros. On top of that my dad has never listened to any Muse songs and feels the Foo Fighters are 'loud'. 

What I really need is one video, one song to convince my dad that not only Sigur Ros will put on a better show, but also is a much more amazing experience than Muse. Any suggestions?

For your information, my dad is the kind of guy who is super excited that both Coldplay and Adele are playing and his biggest clash on Glastonbury is Coldplay - Cindy Lauper - Earth Wind and Fire. Can't really decide which Sigur Ros song/video will convince him (without freaking him out haha).

Just tell him Sigur Ros are Muse. How's he going to know?

On 6/6/2016 at 0:34 PM, Sidasta said:

-

And, although not strictly Sigur Rós, Jonsi's solo concert was absolutely, unexpectedly phenomenal and, to date, ranks as the best use of projection I've ever seen, as seen here when the warehouse backdrop (that's been present throughout the entire concert) tears away at the end of the song and still sends shivers down my spine -

Absolutely agree with this - Seen SR a few times, but not for about eight years, but the Jonsi gig was superb. Totally spellbinding and atmospheric throughout with one of the best finishes to a gig  i've ever seen. 

It was also one of the very few gigs i've seen with absolutely no chatter in the audience.

Edited by tjamest

2 hours ago, Aeleanor said:

Sounds like he'd most enjoy Hoppipolla. Just don't tell him they almost certainly won't play it.

Go to see Muse with him.  Keep yourselves up the hill a bit to facilitate a trot over to JP if needed.  See how it goes.  Assess after 30 mins whether he's into them or has had enough and would like to try something else.  He will have seen enough by then to assure his colleagues he saw Muse and they were great so that can be ticked off.  Heck, you might even want to stay - Muse are a good live band.  It shouldn't take long to do the dash up to JP if you want to catch the second half of SR and you'll be able to hear Muse most of the way. 

2 hours ago, Aeleanor said:

Just show him that popplagio video on this page. Simple as that.

Surely he'll trust his own child's judgement over some miserable old c**ts at work.

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'm not convinced about that.  SR have a big following on here but I don't know if that translates to the wider Glastonbury world.

Edit:  Against the competition they have.

I would say so. I think even within a casual music crowd, there'll be a lot of millennials that knew Sigur Ros at their peak, were too young to discover Underworld at theirs, that Disclosure may have passed by and have Muse already ticked off from when they were less embarrassing. Plus those last two have played Glastonbury a bunch of times in recent years and are past their most appealing.