Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, if LCD are Sunday this was so close to working out so perfectly. Why couldn't they be Saturday?!

Foals > Muse

Radiohead > Sigur Rós

PJ Harvey > LCD Soundsystem

God it's too beautiful. I guess the above with James Blake instead of Sigur Rós is still great (and I am seeing Sigur Rós at Citadel so really shouldn't moan) but that would have been utter perfection.

17 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

To be fair Underworld probably could do The Park

WH seems most likely though, it always seemed like it would be that or JP, and Neil has indicated he thinks they will be on WH as well. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

yep Neil's had word they're headlining it on the Friday

That's a big band to headline the JP stage. I'm not a big fan myself but I bet they will be brilliant inside a tent. If they are headlining maybe some of the bands we thought might be lower down on the pyramid might also be headlining there to

Thought this would finally be my first Park headliners, sadly not, unless they've been batshit enough to put EitS on up there at the same time. JPT seems to pull itself out of the mire a little bit more each year. Used to be wall-to-wall dross, but I was up there for quite a few last year. First time I'll be watching a JPT headliner, but I can't exactly say I was ever itching to see one.

36 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Screw 'em, Fuzz.

I'll meet up.

:)

Ben

Thanks Ben. That would be good to put a face to the name! I will wait to see the times to 100% confirm as want to see Carl Cox and Im hoping I can get to both, but I will drop you a PM with my number as SR would be a great Friday night.

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

It could work for these 3

Dance to - Underworld

Gawp at - James Blake

Bliss out to - Earth, Wind & Fire

I guess James Blake and Earth, Wind & Fire are interchangeable too

Bliss out to EWF? Rather than dance? Ok.

That wasn't the criteria set for the headliners anyway.

"Yay! Finally finished programming the 2016 lineup last night. Some unique collaborations and definite surprises plus bands to dance to, bliss out with and one to gawp at. Can't wait to share it!"

1 minute ago, Porcelina said:

I adore Sigur Ros but can't really stick the JP. Seeing them at Citadel three weeks later so I think I'm regrettably going to have to save myself for then and go see Muse...

I know what you mean, Porcelain, but it could be pretty special as the crowd will be super up for it. It'll be really dark and so the light show should make up for it. Plus, we're in a new tent in a new location - first ever JPT headliner in that location...!

I wanted them on WH or Park, but even the slight 'downgrade' to JPT wouldn't get me to watch a band who I loved when they were good...about 13 years ago! Now when was Absolution released...?

:)

Ben

Tbh, JP is the 'third stage' that people want WH to be. Park, while ideal a setting, is quite a small stage for them.

I don't share the disdain for the John Peel stage so I'm fine with it, but a 70 minute-max headline set blows. Plus side of that might be that I can see a sub in between Foals and these, depending on Muse's set length and setup time of course.

tbh i saw Death Cab in there last year and that was great - my previous two most recent experiences had been Tyler, The Creator and James Blake in 2013 and i just remember the sound being terrible so it kind of soured me on it, despite having seen fantastic sets by Foals, Wild Beasts and The xx in there in 2010. just hope it does Sigur justice. hopefully my Park headliner will come next year