Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Hawley headlining the park? Can't see that.

no idea where John Grant will be. If i had to punt, early afternoon Pyramid.

Hope you're right about Grant. I'm seeing him in Birmingham so he's not a top priority, but I'd be delighted if he got a crack at the Pyramid. Reckon he'll be on Other about 3 or 4 though.

As for Hawley, he's been pretty negative about the festival in the past, so I'm just thinking he's been offered a nice slot to change his mind.

If it's not either of them then I think it's someone not on the poster. Probably someone great like TVOTR, we know how much the bookers like to piss us off :lol:

I shouldn't use the word disappointed about anything to do with the privilege that it is for me to go to Glastonbury, so I won't. But, I was really looking forward to seeing SR outside in the dark. There's something ethereal and almost mythical about both band and venue that would have made that all the more special for me.

My worries now as to, as people have said, where that leaves EITS, and who the general subs will be - I can foresee a bit of a mad dash from wherever else I am to get a nice spot for SR...or even be faced with a potential clash decision, now that the Friday Park/WH headline slots are back in the mix!

Just give me the goddamn full line-up already!

:)

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I shouldn't use the word disappointed about anything to do with the privilege that it is for me to go to Glastonbury, so I won't. But, I was really looking forward to seeing SR outside in the dark. There's something ethereal and almost mythical about both band and venue that would have made that all the more special for me.

My worries now as to, as people have said, where that leaves EITS, and who the general subs will be - I can foresee a bit of a mad dash from wherever else I am to get a nice spot for SR...or even be faced with a potential clash decision, now that the Friday Park/WH headline slots are back in the mix!

Just give me the goddamn full line-up already!

:)

Ben

yeah i'm with you - every image i had of myself seeing Sigur Ros was me stood outside with the night's sky and stars up above. in a tent just doesn't seem quite right, although russy's comment on JP headliners being better than Park headliners is comforting. the atmosphere in that tent will be electrifying 

EITS's position is a real mystery. this Bowie tribute on the Saturday has made an already cramped lineup seem even more cramped

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i'm with you - every image i had of myself seeing Sigur Ros was me stood outside with the night's sky and stars up above. in a tent just doesn't seem quite right, although russy's comment on JP headliners being better than Park headliners is comforting. the atmosphere in that tent will be electrifying 

EITS's position is a real mystery. this Bowie tribute on the Saturday has made an already cramped lineup seem even more cramped

I think EITS might end up being on before the Bowie tribute, avoids the obvious Sigur Ros clash and they'd still be playing when it's fairly dark

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I think EITS might end up being on before the Bowie tribute, avoids the obvious Sigur Ros clash and they'd still be playing when it's fairly dark

yeah makes sense. i reckon they were probably booked to headline originally but asked if they wouldn't mind playing one below to accomidate the Bowie tribue

Didn't the say the Bowie thing was going to be later in the night? I remember one year seeing Spiritualized up there with an orchestra and it was very quiet (soundwise). Everyone was just sitting around chilling. Think it was after the Arctic Monkeys in 2007??

1 minute ago, Yokel Again said:

Didn't the say the Bowie thing was going to be later in the night? I remember one year seeing Spiritualized up there with an orchestra and it was very quiet (soundwise). Everyone was just sitting around chilling. Think it was after the Arctic Monkeys in 2007??

said it would go on late in to the night but not necessarily what time it was starting, so i guess it could start after the headliner