Sigur Ros

admscott

1 minute ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Great to see them as wasn't expecting them to be playing.

surely they will be headlining somewhere, their set needs to be in darkness for the visuals to work. Remember they were very unhappy with their Bestival set in 2012 because they thought it would be dark when they were playing.

yeah we're pretty set that they'll be headlining a stage - it's just what stage (West Holts!? John Peel!? Park!?) and when (Friday or Saturday), all factors that could end in it being one of the greatest sets ever, or result in me missing it entirely and throw a huge tantrum in doing so

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not sure who down voted your post but it was not me. Not sure what was wrong with your post even though I don't agree with it entirely.

I typed that post on my phone over a period of time and it came out much harsher sounding than I intended. 

I have no problem with new order and may well see them, but to me sigur ros feels more special is all I meant really. 

13 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I typed that post on my phone over a period of time and it came out much harsher sounding than I intended. 

I have no problem with new order and may well see them, but to me sigur ros feels more special is all I meant really. 

I have dragged enough threads off track with my New Order love in so will leave it there :-)

Why do you have a down vote stalker?

54 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Sigur ros is just a more interesting booking and haven't played since 2003 when they were excellent.

New order played more recently and were crap.

There is more chance of sigur ros putting on a legendary set than new order.

But I'm sure New order might be quite good

Agree with this, haven't seen Sigur Ros in over 10 years but if they are anywhere near as good as they were on the () or Takk tours (or Glastonbury 2003) then it should be something special

Caught Peter Hook & The Light play a full set of New Order and Joy Division tunes in a tiny tent at another festival last year and it was fookin' electric, New Order on the other hand have been disappointing when I have seen them - and that was with Hooky!

Edited by blackred

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I asked him a while back and I think he said it's because I'm a pompous prick!

Can't say I have ever noticed you come across as a pompous prick.

Not sure why the lad/lady has got so upset over your posts that they would go out of the way to downvote you.

You have to admire their honesty though even if you do not agree with the sentiment.

People take the Internet too seriously at times.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Can't say I have ever noticed you come across as a pompous prick.

Not sure why the lad/lady has got so upset over your posts that they would go out of the way to downvote you.

You have to admire their honesty though even if you do not agree with the sentiment.

People take the Internet too seriously at times.

Aye, but it's all fun and games. The arguments about music on here are the best bit!

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Except for the specific 'one to gawp at' comment, it didn't sound like they were referencing any acts in particular, more just the types of acts they had. Didn't even specify headliners. I think you're reading a bit too much into that comment.

2 hours ago, dannygrif said:

Ah, I suppose you're right after reading it a second time. Now I'm more intrigued to know who the act I should be gawping at is. 

To be honest my first two thoughts for the gawping comment were Jean-Michel Jarre and Grace Jones, who obviously aren't on the lineup. My next thought was Sigur Rós based on their stage show (same reason I thought of JMJ), so I think it'll be them.

And yeah, bliss out to James Blake.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

To be honest my first two thoughts for the gawping comment were Jean-Michel Jarre and Grace Jones, who obviously aren't on the lineup. My next thought was Sigur Rós based on their stage show (same reason I thought of JMJ), so I think it'll be them.

And yeah, bliss out to James Blake.

I'm sure the West Holts crew would realise how wildly inappropriate it would sound on multiple levels describing Grace Jones as 'one to gawp at'.

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

That Popplagio video is unbelievable.

In 3 months I finally get to see them do it! I can't wait. Easily the act I am most surprised and happy about on the poster this time.

Untitled 8 is, quite frankly, astonishing. One of the best set closers ever. I sometimes wish that they don't always close with it (essentially they do, though a few tours ago they added an almost acoustic little number after it...), and then I remember just how spine-tingling it is and I'm glad they did again!

Apologies if it's been covered, but where do we think they're playing?

Park Headliner?

West Holts?

Please not something crap like Other sub...

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Apologies if it's been covered, but where do we think they're playing?

Park Headliner?

West Holts?

Please not something crap like Other sub...

Ben

nobody has a clue! i'd like to think West Holts headliner, as although they seem far removed from what usually goes on down there, they'd be magnificent on that stage. think we can safely/hopefully assume they'll be headlining a stage though