Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, theDandy said:

Sigur Ros are playing T in the Park?

Sorry, should have clarified, was talking about LCD who were billed as a London exclusive because they are playing elsewhere, at festivals like T, so them being a London exclusive doesn't necessarily mean they'll be at Glasto.

But by the looks of it people were talking about Sigur having a London exclusive show as well as LCD, hence the confusion 

Edited by Whittick

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

West Holts' bespoke atmosphere is based on a policy of booking bands very different to Sigur Ros.  You can go elsewhere to stand stock still.

It'd be a crying shame to see the boogie wonderland drained of the funk and it mutate into a mini version of the Other Stage with a tartiflette option.

Do you think FKA Twigs was a good fit for West Holts?

Yeah. It was perfect.

Pitch perfect fusion of bleeding edge 21st century  r'n'b and garage with all sorts of vogueing and sexy dancing and whatnot. It's the fact that the bookers are able to identify the common threads between that and the reggae and the cumbia and the hip hop and the afrofuturist stuff and mix it all together that gives the place its identity. 

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

Indded, it needs to continue to be the Mongolian Arseflute / embarrassing middle- aged whitey dancing/ unlistenable lunchtime avant garde jazz (have they started or are they just tuning up?)/ willfully difficult side projects/ what the hell do these people do the other 51 weeks of the year/ buy a cd from the songlines stall but never listen to it again field. It's veered far to close to conventional in the last couple of festivals.

I've listened to the CD I bought there last year. Twice

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the sense that Adele will provide an upbeat alternative to all the wailing, moaning and bedwetting at the Sigur Ros show? It could work.

hey sigur ros have moved into a more dance-y direction since kjartan left!

unfortunately it's shit

whoa whoa whoa i will not let this thread succumb to the downfalls of the others. if Sigur Ros are playing then it's nothing but a fantastic thing, regardless of the inappropriate stage they may be booked for! and their latest album was fantastic so y'all can go suck an egg

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me.

I just don't get the LCD love in. Admittedly I haven't seen them live and I could well get into if I was there. Sigur Ros I have never seen either, but have had a bit of an obsession with for a few years. None of my mates really get them so I'd probably be spending the night on my own if they play. We all want to see New Order. If Sigur Ros played Saturday, I'd be on my own, which isn't a problem - but I would like to see New Order too.

Sigur Ros - Fri

New Order - Saturday

That is a good pair of headliners for me.

I really couldn't care for New Order if I'm honest! Don't mind them but not too bothered about seeing them, I'd rather a Sigur Ros/New Order clash on the Saturday and then LCD free for me to see on the Friday against anybody else really.

What if they're a big bunch of racists, though?

whoa whoa whoa i will not let this thread succumb to the downfalls of the others. if Sigur Ros are playing then it's nothing but a fantastic thing, regardless of the inappropriate stage they may be booked for! and their latest album was fantastic so y'all can go suck an egg