Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, russycarps said:

hang on, are you saying you dont speak hopelandic??

Discovering that they were singing made nerd 20 year old me dizzy with excitement.

The more it's discussed, the more this needs to happen. Kick in with Brennistein, smash through the middle of the set with a Staralflur/Fluguflarisenn (actual song titles might be slightly different) combo and a good extended  Popplagið to finish. 

This really needs to happen. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reading the press release again, looks like they're going to be (mostly) jamming new material on these dates. That might steer them away from taking any particularly high profile bookings.

hmmm maybe, but with one UK date left unannounced you've gotta think that it's a festival (otherwise why hold it back?), and so will be a 'high profile booking' regardless

headlining the second stage at Glastonbury is probably wayyyy at the bottom of their 'to do' list and it's probably far more likely to be headlining a smaller festival where they have no real time constraints etc, but there's still a little glimmer of hope in that gap in the schedule (even if it is 2 weeks long and could be for any amount of reasons)

If they headline a smaller festival that does day tickets then they may assume that it'll attract an audience of Sigur Ros fans more willing to see them work through new material in embryonic form - rather than a large audience just expecting that one off of Planet Earth.

And the latter all filmed for TV.

27 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

watched this a few times today - definitely need to be booked if they are available.

sorry guys, can't get the thing to embed properly like some of the other threads!

I think it's all about hitting return after you post the link.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Wait. They have a song called (  ).

Fuck's sake.

Helpfully, all the tracks on (  ) are called (  ) too. 

Oh, and they Jónsi doesn't even sing in Icelandic on the record, so that we could all understand it and sing along. Most of the lyrics are in a made-up language. And yet, it manages not only to be unpretentious, but utterly sublime!

:)

Ben

4 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Saw them at Latitude headlining in 07 or 08 - bloody majestic brilliance. Would love them as a headline choice to contend with some of the other beige being touted.

It was 2008 and one of the best headliner sets I've ever seen, the crowd utterly transfixed. Elbow (when they were still good) playing a triumphant evening set with the sun setting over the Obelisk, followed by SR in top notch form, with Amiina and brass, was just about as good as a festival Saturday evening gets...

Ben 

On 11/24/2015, 1:15:57, Rumblestripe said:

I sort of agree, just thinking in terms of the crowd they would attract. Certainly not big enough to headline either of the big stages. IMO. That said, I reckon on a sunny day they could do just fine, I watched War On Drugs on Pyramid and they're of a similar vibe perhaps.

Needs to be dark and atmospheric imo, like Mogwai in 2014. Having the deckchairs talk over them in the pyramid field would be just offensive