Citadel 2016

5co77ie

On 11/24/2015, 12:05:32, russycarps said:

did anyone go to this last year? what's it like? I'm guessing hipster central.

Didn't go last year as the line up was a tad on the shit side but I'd imagine it would be a bit like Field Day, which is Hisptery but fun enough as anyone not that interested seemed to be further back and those properly into an act could get right near the front.

9 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Didn't go last year as the line up was a tad on the shit side but I'd imagine it would be a bit like Field Day, which is Hisptery but fun enough as anyone not that interested seemed to be further back and those properly into an act could get right near the front.

cheers. I've been to field day and it was tolerable so I may consider this one.

Only problem is it clashes with latitude and I quite enjoyed my day trip there this year. Decisions decisions...

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Apparently the organisation last year was atrocious, can anyone who went last year contest this?

I didn't really have any issues. Was quite an enjoyable day, and I preferred the lineup last year to this. For £40/£50 I managed to catch:

Rodes, Dan Croll, Bears Den, Nathaniel Rateliff (Hadn't heard before, but was amazing!). Bombay and Ben Howard.

There was a lot going on which was pointless for me as I was going for music. Like live readings/terrible market stalls.

I did miss the encore, as the travel back to the tube was a nightmare.

Still, if you find that the value for money for the bands in the lineup is good, its a definitely must go. As it was my firs time seeing live music in over a year and a half, it actually rekindled my love for gigs/festivals and got me to buy a lot more tickets for last year/this year.

• 1 month later...
On 04/20/2016 at 11:20 AM, aj3000and12 said:

I think they are going to clash with Caribou or Sigur Ros though, looks like they are headlining the soundclash tent. 

Would be a shame if so. 

Based on what I remember from last year, I think the headliner on that stage should only clash with the last 15/20 minutes of Caribou and the first 15/20 minutes of Sigur Ros so I might try and catch some of Caribou and some of Battles if it ends up that way

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...