Emily Eavis interview

Keithy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Might just be a new bigger tent for JP. Like the one they use at Reading. Cant see them making it yet another outdoor stage. That's what seperates it from the Other stage.

A bigger tent would be decent as they could fit some other subs in there and get a even better calibur across the board.

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

The start times for the Legend slot the last few years.  

Lionel Richie 4pm
Dolly Parton 4.20pm
Kenny Rogers 3:45pm
Paul Simon 4:30pm
Ray Davies 4:15pm
Tom Jones 4:30pm

There are 3 slots after this, including sub and headliner, so I'm guessing that the teatime slot referred to is the one after the legend but before the sub.

The 'Dinner Time Slot', so to speak.

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I would say the Adele photo is purely the BBC adding to speculation, though she does look like headlining, and has for a while now 

The point that EE is claiming she hasn't seen the legend act rumoured at all is a head scratcher, I've ran out of ideas on that one

I'm not certain but I think that "they're not one of the rumours" or whatever is a typical line without much weight.

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

The start times for the Legend slot the last few years.  

Lionel Richie 4pm
Dolly Parton 4.20pm
Kenny Rogers 3:45pm
Paul Simon 4:30pm
Ray Davies 4:15pm
Tom Jones 4:30pm

There are 3 slots after this, including sub and headliner, so I'm guessing that the teatime slot referred to is the one after the legend but before the sub.

Think you might be reading too much into it. They'll definitely be on about the one we call the 'legend' slot but for whatever reasons they can't say that otherwise Rod Stewart or a similar gremlin would demand to know why they're not a legend. There is no other renowned slot except that and the headliners, of course.

Edited by dentalplan

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The point that EE is claiming she hasn't seen the legend act rumoured at all is a head scratcher, I've ran out of ideas on that one

Over in the Headliners thread oneoftherest mentions an email about the Beach Boys planning to tour Europe next year - this hasn't been on the rumours yet and would be a great coup for the tea-time slot.

4 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Feel dirty and disgusting saying this but I'm thinking take that , could easily play before a headliner as be billed as a special guest.

sorry I feel ashamed even saying this

I was thinking that - the Chris Evans thing on tfi was with them, and I did wonder at the time if he'd actually whispered 'you' in their ear as an in joke 

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

A bigger tent would be decent as they could fit some other subs in there and get a even better calibur across the board.

No it wouldn't, they would have the same budget as always. The same as the other stage, it might look all big and mighty but the festival hasn't suddenly found a load of pennies down the back of the sofa.

Its still a good move, as the tent does look a bit tired and Jim King (think thats his name?) said this year on facebook they was looking at a new stage/tent for this year but obviously didn't get it sorted in time.

Anyway I wouldn't believe anything Emily had to say after claiming Kanye was a brave performance....

34 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

No it wouldn't, they would have the same budget as always. The same as the other stage, it might look all big and mighty but the festival hasn't suddenly found a load of pennies down the back of the sofa.

Its still a good move, as the tent does look a bit tired and Jim King (think thats his name?) said this year on facebook they was looking at a new stage/tent for this year but obviously didn't get it sorted in time.

Anyway I wouldn't believe anything Emily had to say after claiming Kanye was a brave performance....

I know they would have the same budget but they would have the optiom to move about a bit more and have acts in there that aren't as small.

Jim King, possibly, he was the Rock Ness booker as well wasn't he?

True that

45 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

She also said he had no guests. Who could forget Justin Vernon and Lee Nelson?

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I know they would have the same budget but they would have the optiom to move about a bit more and have acts in there that aren't as small.

Jim King, possibly, he was the Rock Ness booker as well wasn't he?

True that

Yeah, Jim Fox is "the wizard" that books the JP Stage. Bloody legend!

2 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Yeah, Jim Fox is "the wizard" that books the JP Stage. Bloody legend!

Not sure about that, bar a couple of acts over the last couple of years it's not been a good lineup, that may be down to just not my cup though, different age range really, similar to NME Reading. I enjoyed Coasts and DCFC in there this year though.

8 hours ago, sedra said:

I would class this as afternoon teatime - the legend spot. That's what she is referring to. Anything after that is definitely dinner time!! 

No, you're clearly missing the significance of tiffin at this time of day. Then it's Tea and then Dinner. Food is too important to go skipping any meals. :)

Now everyone knows that's not right because: 

Breakfast- 7am - 9am

Elevenses/Morning tea- 10-11.30am

Brunch: 11.00- 12.30

Lunch: 12.30-2.30pm

Afternoon Tea: 3pm - 5pm

Dinner: 6.30pm - 9.30pm

Supper: 9.30pm - 11pm 

Midnight Feast: 12- 2am 

Early Breakfast : 5am - 6am 

hope we are all clear now :)

1 minute ago, sedra said:

Breakfast- 7am - 9am

Alright, Pippin.

Dinner is anytime after my tummy starts grumbling, but not before 11:30. Theres chocolate for that time.

Tea is usually about 25 mins after I get in from work. Unless chocolate has been involved again, then it might be an hour or so later.

Lunch is what everyone has when they are pretending to be posh at work

4 hours ago, LondonTom said:

You don't think that doing a headlining slot with just you and a single lighting rig isn't brave? Whether it was total shite or not is besides the point, it was clearly pretty audacious.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

42 minutes ago, sedra said:

Breakfast- 7am - 9am

568f9ca63acd683bd1071492dce02b0b.jpg

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You don't think that going a headlining slot with just you and a single lighting rig isn't brave? Whether it was total shite or not is besides the point, it was clearly pretty audacious.

I cant think of another act that would have had the testicular fortitude to have done it. Thats some self belief!