Emily Eavis interview

Keithy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Superstu said:

Very interesting read. Looks like Elton is off the cards if the legend slot hasn't been rumoured much. Hope the stage in the trees doesn't effect the glade, enjoyed it last year. 

She was referring to the Sunday teatime slot as having not been rumoured, not the legend slot, that's referred to the lunchtime slot in the piece, so he could be the one

1 minute ago, paulmuchmore said:

I wonder if the John Peel is becoming an outside stage rather than a tent? What else could be changing about it?

That would be a mistake. The tentness is the only thing it's got to distinguish itself. I generally prefer open air stages to tents, but it's great sometimes to get a bit of darkness in the day. 

Hopefully they're giving it an Other Stage style makeover.

Could it not be a band rather than a solo artist? Reading that interview, it seems pretty clear that one of them is Adele. The way she says they couldn't get any bigger. Coldplay and Adele. I wouldn't put Muse in that category, but they are big still. Am I reading it right, they chose to have the festival in 2017, rather than 2018 because of touring schedules? 

The start times for the Legend slot the last few years.  

Lionel Richie 4pm
Dolly Parton 4.20pm
Kenny Rogers 3:45pm
Paul Simon 4:30pm
Ray Davies 4:15pm
Tom Jones 4:30pm

There are 3 slots after this, including sub and headliner, so I'm guessing that the teatime slot referred to is the one after the legend but before the sub.

26 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Lionel Richie 4pm
Dolly Parton 4.20pm

There are 3 slots after this, including sub and headliner, so I'm guessing that the teatime slot referred to is the one after the legend but before the sub.

I would class this as afternoon teatime - the legend spot. That's what she is referring to. Anything after that is definitely dinner time!! 

30 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Lionel Richie 4pm
Dolly Parton 4.20pm

Forget that, that person above is correct.

Edited by thewayiam