Bring Me The Horizon

Greenelk

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMTH were great last night but Doncaster Dome is the worst venue I've ever been too. It got too warm too fast and they were making people pay for water when the band was on (which was illegal for them to do) as tap water "wasn't safe to drink" despite the fact I had some earlier in the night. Had to go to the bathrooms to drink water from the taps there despite it said it wasn't safe to drink as I just had to try to hydrate myself. Even then I nearly passed out during the encore, despite me standing near the back as I couldn't cool down or get a drink. 

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

BMTH were great last night but Doncaster Dome is the worst venue I've ever been too. It got too warm too fast and they were making people pay for water when the band was on (which was illegal for them to do) as tap water "wasn't safe to drink" despite the fact I had some earlier in the night. Had to go to the bathrooms to drink water from the taps there despite it said it wasn't safe to drink as I just had to try to hydrate myself. Even then I nearly passed out during the encore, despite me standing near the back as I couldn't cool down or get a drink. 

Do you have a hydration blog I could subscribe to?

Hydration is absolutely key at concerts. Ever since seeing Machine Head, on a hot, sweaty day at Concorde 2 in Brighton I shall drink plents of water. Especially for a good mosher! Like MH where I was enjoying the gig too much to bother drinking water, ended up with seriously hurrendous dehydration.

Nevertheless a good bit of BMTH would be a storm at Worthy.

I like hydration as I like having clear wee. Feels like it gives me a self righteous foot up when at the urinal with a dark wee vagabond in a public toilet.

I shall endeavour to hydrate adequately on Sunday when I watch BMTH (where I will NOT be moshing, hydrated or not!)

4 hours ago, justanothername said:

Have you considered a camel back?

Watched them this afternoon in Birmingham, the first of two sold out gigs today at the Academy! I have to say they put on a shit hot show, theres no denying it. And Im still a little in shock at how loud the whole crowd sang pretty much every word for every song.

Yeah, I really do want them to play in 2016

51 minutes ago, mrf said:

Watched them this afternoon in Birmingham, the first of two sold out gigs today at the Academy! I have to say they put on a shit hot show, theres no denying it. And Im still a little in shock at how loud the whole crowd sang pretty much every word for every song.

Yeah, I really do want them to play in 2016

It was really good this afternoon. The crowd was great . I really hope they play too. 

1 minute ago, Likelylad87 said:

Saw them sarurday. They were awesome and would love for them to be at glasto. Sort of have my hopes up after reading nme last week which is ridiculous but for some reason I get my hopes up on at least one band each year and set myself up for a terrible fall. So how likely do we think this is?

a couple of years ago it would've been a definite 'not a chance', but Metallica has opened the doors wide open, and they're one of the first British metal bands to gain such success in a long long time (BFMV almost did it but then fell at the last hurdle). it's a definite possibility, but i wouldn't put any money on it. the fact that they haven't been announced for any UK festivals off the back of their hugely successful breakthrough album is possibly a bit of a tell though

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

a couple of years ago it would've been a definite 'not a chance', but Metallica has opened the doors wide open, and they're one of the first British metal bands to gain such success in a long long time (BFMV almost did it but then fell at the last hurdle). it's a definite possibility, but i wouldn't put any money on it. the fact that they haven't been announced for any UK festivals off the back of their hugely successful breakthrough album is possibly a bit of a tell though

You'd think if they were playing Glastonbury, it could be their only show on the summer in the uk, headlining the other stage for example, would probably be their biggest show to date, given the wider audiences etc 

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You'd think if they were playing Glastonbury, it could be their only show on the summer in the uk, headlining the other stage for example, would probably be their biggest show to date, given the wider audiences etc 

yeah playing the biggest festival in the UK headlining the second biggest stage broadcast live on the BBC would be all the publicity they'd need really. would be a huge show for them. i can take or leave them, but i hope it happens. would be a nice change from the three dance headliners this year

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yeah playing the biggest festival in the UK headlining the second biggest stage broadcast live on the BBC would be all the publicity they'd need really. would be a huge show for them. i can take or leave them, but i hope it happens. would be a nice change from the three dance headliners this year

I'm the same, I liked bits of their new record, and bits of what they've done

Depending on who they clashed with, is quite like to watch them were they to play, it would be great to see a young british hard rock band take up a big slot like that, I've no doubt they'd be great

I remember when I was in school, BMTH were looked at as an absolute joke of a band that only 14 year old girls liked (first 2 albums), then the 3rd album started to sway a few people into liking them and then the 4th album was fantastic and they became an actual credible band. I haven't heard the new album yet but I find it strange how BMTH changed from being such a joke into being such a decent band. I watched them at Leeds this year and they were great.

Would love to see them on the lineup, Other Headliner would do wonders for them

5 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

I remember when I was in school, BMTH were looked at as an absolute joke of a band that only 14 year old girls liked (first 2 albums), then the 3rd album started to sway a few people into liking them and then the 4th album was fantastic and they became an actual credible band. I haven't heard the new album yet but I find it strange how BMTH changed from being such a joke into being such a decent band. I watched them at Leeds this year and they were great.

They were a joke when I saw them support a band in 2006. However, after really liking their past 2 albums, i kind of have my heart set on then headlining other opposite Adele.

15 hours ago, justanothername said:

You also had Sam Carter from Architects join Neck Deep for Citizens of Earth you lucky shit

That was a really cool moment! On of my friends said, "Who's that?" and as soon as he opened his mouth I was like, "Oh sh*t that's Sam from Architects!" And then it dawned on me after the gig that BMTH had the perfect chance to play The Sadness Will Never end but chose to let me down and not bother :lol: 

14 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

This always makes me smile a bit too. For a few years they were the laughing stock of the metal scene (even though Suicide Season is an absolute monster of an album) but as soon as There Is A Hell... came out people started to see that they weren't just trying to make as much noise as they possibly could, they were actually a talented bunch of guys. Its great to see how far they have come and how they are now THE heavy band of this generation. 

Headlining the Other Stage would only make them even more popular. 

Edited by Andre91