Bring Me The Horizon

Greenelk

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TomViolence said:

I tried listening to that 'True Friends' song but it was really bad.

Do they get better?

I was sort of indifferent to them before seeing them live this year. But (and this is one of those cliches, I know) when I saw them live they made complete sense. Now I listen to the later albums in a different mindset.

Still not the biggest fan of the early albums, but the last few I like now.

I think if they play this year, it will change a lot of peoples perceptions about them.

18 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Would love to see the reaction from the Prawn Sandwich Brigade if that happened.

Would they try to set their chairs up in the middle of the pit or not?

13 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

They actually get much better. That song's pretty good live. One for skipping on the album.

As for live, they're damn good. Were tremendous at the Academy. Their fanbase these days ( and maybe before, I'm not sure ) is just lassies. And the odd guy scattered about.

It is because most of the guys are down at the front are all murdering each other

Edited by justanothername

8 hours ago, mrf said:

I was sort of indifferent to them before seeing them live this year. But (and this is one of those cliches, I know) when I saw them live they made complete sense. Now I listen to the later albums in a different mindset.

Still not the biggest fan of the early albums, but the last few I like now.

I think if they play this year, it will change a lot of peoples perceptions about them.

Cheers, I will give them a fair listen as they seem popular on here/people are adamant they could actually headline Other.

I worry that Will might be right though... :P

Just now, TomViolence said:

Cheers, I will give them a fair listen as they seem popular on here/people are adamant they could actually headline Other.

I worry that Will might be right though... :P

don't get me wrong - there're pretty fucking shite. but they're just the type of shite that 15 year old me would've absolutely loved, and so current me has a soft spot for

this is one of the better ones from their last album (not new one). if you're not in to this then they're probably a lost cause. the new album delves in to nu-metal (think Linkin Park) and some other cringey things a lot, but it weirdly works (if that's what you're in to)

4 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yywtE-fXvFU 

This is a pretty good live video from Leeds this year and gives a sense of what their show is like now, the band come on about 4:00.

uck, i'd forgotten just how much backing track they used. his live vocals are barely audible (and when they are, are incredibly out of tune). great production (which held their show together i thought - fireworks, smoke, pyro, lights etc) but Oli is almost unnecessary

3 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Yo don't conflate people being adamant that they'd headline that stage with favour. I don't like them at all but it's not often you get a hard rock band from Britain doing as well as they're doing at the moment, and I don't see why they should take a much lower slot than their last major UK festival slot just to be allowed at Glastonbury; it should be Glastonbury trying to give a leg up to these acts rather than the other way around, or something.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I don't think they'd be on Pyramid, and I don't think they'd be too upset with a JP headline spot either, despite arguably being above that.

nah i think if they were to play Glastonbury and have the exposure that comes with that, they'd want a big main stage slot, so it'd be Other or nothing imo. having a band on the cusp of headlining festivals stuffed away in a tent in the corner of the festival just because they're not a typical Glastonbury act would be a bit shitty, and if their Reading/Leeds shows proved anything it's that they now have the setup to pull off such a big slot