Bring Me The Horizon

Greenelk

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Wait for another album and then Other Stage headline definitely. Reading this year was fucking supreme. Excellent production, brilliant buzz about the band, seemed really engaged with the crowd. But that was Reading a stronghold for BMTH in terms of fans and sheer adoration. I've been a solid fan since Count Your Blessings, but when looking to them playing Glastonbury I think they might need to be in the cross-over scene a little longer before a high profile slot at Glastonbury! I think that they definitely deserve play at Glastonbury one day!

A lot of that is why I can see subbing Other if they play being a safer booking.

Just now, JAlexander191 said:

John peel headliners if i was to bet! I'd be shocked if they played anything from their first two or three albums. 

That wouldnt be a bad shout. Ive got "Spirit" on right now and its an awesome piece of work that should be heard by a wider audience.

6 minutes ago, JAlexander191 said:

John peel headliners if i was to bet! I'd be shocked if they played anything from their first two or three albums. 

They could get away with a few songs off There Is A Hell. Could easily play Blessed With A Curse and Never Ends. Would be more suitable than some of the stuff off Sempiternal like House Of Wolves (which they should play anyway)

I first saw them when they only had their EP out back in early 2006 in my local leisure centre. I never, ever at that point thought they'd be playing anywhere near Glastonbury! I saw them a few times after that over 2006/2007. Didn't bother going to see them but still picked up the albums. Was really impressed by Sempiternal in particular. Saw them at Reading this year after all that time and thought they were brilliant. I couldn't believe the progression. Seeing them on Friday, so will be interesting to see how well they can work an arena!

It's irritating how good their Reading set looked; they're certainly not a band that I'd sit down and listen to but at the moment they look formidable live

If they are booked I hope they get a positive reception which motivates the Eavi to get some more heavy music on the main stages (Deftones and Refused pretty please)

On 11/22/2015, 7:00:26, 6t6o6m said:

Headlining john peel would be brilliant! 

They'd be too big for that surely, can't think of a band ever appearing that low down a Glasto line up so soon after subbing R&L. It has to be other imo, the debate would be whether they'd sub it or headline it (A headline set would be my vote). Either way I'd be very happy to see them on the line up, their set from Reading was my favourite of all the ones I streamed that weekend. 

Someone said in the Slam Dunk Festival 2016 thread that he reckoned BMTH were headlining Slam Dunk as he thought there would be no where else they could play (this was before the NME article came out) this year and it turns out this is not the case as Panic! At The Disco are instead. Kind of solidifies the argument that Glasto have bagged BMTH really.

EDIT: BMTH were actually a big rumour as well for Slam Dunk

Edited by justanothername

11 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Someone said in the Slam Dunk Festival 2016 thread that he reckoned BMTH were headlining Slam Dunk as he thought there would be no where else they could play (this was before the NME article came out) this year and it turns out this is not the case as Panic! At The Disco are instead. Kind of solidifies the argument that Glasto have bagged BMTH really.

EDIT: BMTH were actually a big rumour as well for Slam Dunk

surely they were too big for Slam Dunk anyway? would've been a huge step down from what they've been predicted to be doing. a great alternative booking to either Adele or Coldplay if they have indeed been booked. clashes pending i reckon i'd check it out, if only because i love seeing heavier acts at Glastonbury

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

surely they were too big for Slam Dunk anyway? would've been a huge step down from what they've been predicted to be doing. a great alternative booking to either Adele or Coldplay if they have indeed been booked. clashes pending i reckon i'd check it out, if only because i love seeing heavier acts at Glastonbury

Well they managed to get You Me At 6 to headline last year and with it being the 10th anniversary and the festival increasing in size each year it seemed plausible that BMTH would headline Slam Dunk.

Edited by justanothername