Bring Me The Horizon

Greenelk

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Good call. If you could hope Radiohead headline instead of Muse then that'd be great.

Back to BMTH; some dreadful miming at the NME awards (video on here). And they only did one song didn't they? His voice must be proper fucked.

Aye he couldn't really scream back when that was their thing and he definitely can't sing - almost entirely backing track with his contribution mostly being as a hype man of sorts

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye he couldn't really scream back when that was their thing and he definitely can't sing - almost entirely backing track with his contribution mostly being as a hype man of sorts

What the fucking shit that video? It was like a kid pissing about with a toy mic hr just got for xmas! At least try and cover up the miming!.

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

They'll either be awful or incredible. Either way I'll probably be at the Park. If there's literally noone on any other stage I want to see, I'll see Bring Me over Coldplay.

I read that as Bring Me The Coldplay. 

The Chris Martin supergroup terrifyingly realised. 

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

He barely used the backing track except for on Happy Song and Throne I believe when I saw them at The O2 and his voice was alright. 

He's not using any here and he sounds alright considering the song 

Edit: This from Download a couple of years ago, his voice sounds very good here too

Edited by Mouseboy11

Go on then , explain to me, as I have not tripped across them before

What are they, as in who do they appeal to?

They're not metal, as in Machine Head metal - please see Davidian (track) if you're not familiar.

So, are they kind of a Linkin Park type thingy?????? kind of like a light intro to something a bit louder that you soon dispense with later 

Not taking the piss, genuinely inviting folks who know them/like them to tell me what they compare to most directly

2 minutes ago, not worthy said:

They're not metal, as in Machine Head metal - please see Davidian (track) if you're not familiar.

So, are they kind of a Linkin Park type thingy?????? kind of like a light intro to something a bit louder that you soon dispense with later 

Not taking the piss, genuinely inviting folks who know them/like them to tell me what they compare to most directly

I think Linkin Park is a pretty apt comparison, they mainly appeal to teenagers and started out much heavier but now they're basically an arena-rock band.

26 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Their early stuff is alot heavier than Machine Head, they were pretty much one of the first big deathcore bands. These days yeah they're pretty much linkin park without the rapping.

27 minutes ago, chewsavedlatin said:

Their early stuff is alot heavier than Machine Head, they were pretty much one of the first big deathcore bands. These days yeah they're pretty much linkin park without the rapping.

You're not wrong! Early BMT(t)H :

and then they decided they wanted to sell records.

... but Machine Head IS still heavier though :D 

1 minute ago, mrtourette said:

Nah, like Biffy most of the early fans are deluded that the band they like is still edgy and alternative.

Like Incubus fans ... whereas I know that Incubus only released three albums before they were all replaced by lookalikes (just like Paul McCartney was).

Edited by HoTWire

17 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Like Incubus fans ... whereas I know that Incubus only released three albums before they were all replaced by lookalikes (just like Paul McCartney was).

Biffy were excellent, Puzzle was good but that was the mainstream changeover, since then I've gradually lost interest, they are very different from what they once were. What they did before wasn't really arena or headliner friendly without a shift in the mainstream conscious and plenty out there just won't allow such a thing to gather momentum.