Bring Me The Horizon

Greenelk

Picked up my free copy of the NME yesterday, and in the BMTH interview, they state that they want to play a festival that's different to Reading, and not one they would usually play.  The interviewer then asked "do you mean Glastonbury" then they allegedly laughed and said "we can't say, can we"

So - which stage, what slot, and what do people think?  Don't really know that much of their stuff other than their latest singles

Edited by Greenelk

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early stuff is a lot heavier , last couple of albums a lot more melodious. New albums very good

At Reading this year they were (in my humble and usually misguided opinion) tied with Foals for the best set. Wasnt expecting lots from them, but was genuinely blown away by them. I think they will go down very well if they do play.

They've come in for quite a bit of flack with their 'core fans' for going all poppy, but I have to say it's not bad pop music (and to my son's great annoyance I prefer it to their older stuff). So I'd easily see them fit into the JP stage, with maybe a bonus set on William's Green.... (if it happens, you heard it here first! If not, my name's Michael)

1 hour ago, billum said:

They've come in for quite a bit of flack with their 'core fans' for going all poppy, but I have to say it's not bad pop music (and to my son's great annoyance I prefer it to their older stuff). So I'd easily see them fit into the JP stage, with maybe a bonus set on William's Green.... (if it happens, you heard it here first! If not, my name's Michael)

Williams Green?! They're pretty much Download headliners these days. They'd even ram the JP to a crazy level.

Other headliners for me.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Williams Green?! They're pretty much Download headliners these days. They'd even ram the JP to a crazy level.

Other headliners for me.

Yeah I think I'm gonna swap them into my prediction to headline Other. Any lower I don't think they need to bother accepting really; they subbed R+L and that's not a niche metal festival or owt. Would be a good gig for the band and the festival I reckon; the band (further) reaching out to mainstream audiences and Glastonbury promoting an up and coming British band that's outside their comfort zone.

I literally never heard of this shower till yesterday afternoon when someone mentioned them on this site. I googled an image. That was enough. I'm out. They say never judge a book by a cover, but I say, judge a band by the gormless fuckwits gazing at the camera like an undicovered tribe who've never seen electricity before. Lord alone knows what dreadful shite they produce when they're actually given instruments but I'm not foolish enough to attempt to find out.

bring-me-the-horizon-51682f412b52e.jpg

50 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I literally never heard of this shower till yesterday afternoon when someone mentioned them on this site. I googled an image. That was enough. I'm out. They say never judge a book by a cover, but I say, judge a band by the gormless fuckwits gazing at the camera like an undicovered tribe who've never seen electricity before. Lord alone knows what dreadful shite they produce when they're actually given instruments but I'm not foolish enough to attempt to find out.

One of your best rants Mardy! Genuinely made me laugh out loud

Edited by blue6field

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Looks like a 10 year old Jack White on the right.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think I'm gonna swap them into my prediction to headline Other. Any lower I don't think they need to bother accepting really; they subbed R+L and that's not a niche metal festival or owt. Would be a good gig for the band and the festival I reckon; the band (further) reaching out to mainstream audiences and Glastonbury promoting an up and coming British band that's outside their comfort zone.

It's still a rock based festival which Glasto is not. You can't compare booking them at Reading to doing do at Glasto as there is so many acts that would play Glasto but no even be asked by R&L. They are also a rock band not a metal band.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

in that photo, the horizon really isn't that far away at all.  they could probably bring for themselves without too much bother.

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

in that photo, the horizon really isn't that far away at all.  they could probably bring for themselves without too much bother.

How can you tell, that ramshackle fence might be hiding the very faraway horizon of doom!!!