The Last Shadow Puppets

silkworm

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/01/2016 at 3:49 PM, The Placid Casual said:

Yeah, but it's more likely that I'll have the money nearer the time and it'll be a lot easier to pick up a face value ticket for the outdoor shows.

I'm not going to the Manchester show anyway, as it's the day of the Euro 2016 final and Wales are gonna be there.

Bale is gonna be Left Shark in the half time show.

5 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I'm off to see LCD Soundsystem the day after this gig so I will have to try and avoid getting too drunk, which is easier said than done because I'm going with a mate I haven't seen in ages who moved down to Brighton - has all the hallmarks of a very messy evening.

I had a momentary panic after I got the tickets that LCD were playing the Friday at Lovebox but fortunately they're not. I'll get a day ticket for that at some point. Should be a good weekend :D

Edited by TomViolence
Sigur Ros @ Citadel on the Sunday too. Wowzers

• 2 weeks later...

From their interview in QRO magazine ...

QRO: I’m excited that this year will have you guys touring for this album. Something that I don’t think most people have picked up on is that you don’t have to tour for this album if you didn’t want to. It wouldn’t be farfetched to say that if you didn’t want to tour this album, you wouldn’t ‘have to’ in the way most musicians do for albums. Do you feel part of this upcoming tour came from a desire you felt to play live while you were making these songs? Did that desire at all inspire how the album was made?

MK: Yeah, especially Glastonbury, man. In my head, I’d think of fucking Glastonbury, man.

AT: I’d be in the control room going, “Where’s Miles? I need him in here to do a bloody vocal!” and I’d find him air guitar-ing with the bloody mic stand, yelling tracks. [laughs] He’s already at bloody Glastonbury.

18 minutes ago, willd255 said:

From their interview in QRO magazine ...

QRO: I’m excited that this year will have you guys touring for this album. Something that I don’t think most people have picked up on is that you don’t have to tour for this album if you didn’t want to. It wouldn’t be farfetched to say that if you didn’t want to tour this album, you wouldn’t ‘have to’ in the way most musicians do for albums. Do you feel part of this upcoming tour came from a desire you felt to play live while you were making these songs? Did that desire at all inspire how the album was made?

MK: Yeah, especially Glastonbury, man. In my head, I’d think of fucking Glastonbury, man.

AT: I’d be in the control room going, “Where’s Miles? I need him in here to do a bloody vocal!” and I’d find him air guitar-ing with the bloody mic stand, yelling tracks. [laughs] He’s already at bloody Glastonbury.

Well that's a nice confirmation 

• 3 weeks later...