The Last Shadow Puppets

silkworm

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

With Alex turner's rise in popularity/confidence/dickheadedNesssince the first album could they not headline other stage?

possibly, although i don't think they really have the tunes to pull it off (could change soon though i guess). hard to say when an act like them has been away for so long, but the new album will undoubtedly be successful regardless of the quality

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Will they be that much more popular than last time? Remember them headlining the tent at Leeds last year, that's about the same as the JP I'd say.

would be pretty packed (if only for Turner's presence), although stick em against some big headliners elsewhere and i guess it wouldn't be too much of a problem

The chances of them playing AM/Miles' solo material are very very slim IMO... there's just no need for them to.

If the album does well I could see them subbing Other/high on Pyramid. I don't think I could face fighting for a good spot in the JP so hopefully that doesn't happen (assuming they do actually get booked for next year).

News of this today got me listening to the first record for the first time in so long. Brought back memories of seeing them at Manchester Apollo - 7 years ago! Where the hell has that time gone?! 

I can't even imagine what their new stuff would sound like though. They've both changed so much musically since then. 

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

The chances of them playing AM/Miles' solo material are very very slim IMO... there's just no need for them to.

If the album does well I could see them subbing Other/high on Pyramid. I don't think I could face fighting for a good spot in the JP so hopefully that doesn't happen (assuming they do actually get booked for next year).

Agree, not much of a chance to play other songs and if they did, would likely to be the slower more acoustic songs.

• 2 weeks later...