Bilbao BBK 2016

pete76

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah you're probably right come to think of it. I've been to Santander and it's pretty close to a British climate.

The National haven't been added to Beni (at least, not yet). Biffy Clyro are the big name added to the 15th, which makes TN even less likely to play there.

After looking at the updated poster with day splits, I'd say that it doesn't really make The National any less likely, given how sparse Friday's line-up currently looks. Add to that the fact that Saturday and Sunday both seem to have a big name sub/special guest and I'd guess there'll still be one more band of that sort of size to be announced.

It's worth remembering that Biffy aren't all that big in Spain/Europe, too, with them playing fourth down on the main stage at NOS and around the same level the last time they appeared at BBK. They're probably viewed to be around the same size as Bloc Party at present, I'd imagine.

On 25 March 2016 at 8:21 PM, DarthSaul said:

Camping or hotel? :) 

Will be camping. Thinking about the pre-pitched ones since it's about the same price as checked in bags for my own tent (can't get pegs / poles through security for hand luggage apparently), and the pictures show that the tents are all covered by awnings for shade

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Will be camping. Thinking about the pre-pitched ones since it's about the same price as checked in bags for my own tent (can't get pegs / poles through security for hand luggage apparently), and the pictures show that the tents are all covered by awnings for shade

Ah yeah I think I'd be interested in this, do you book it though the standard festival website?

3 hours ago, ImaginaryGuy said:

Would be the perfect way to end the festival!

Still hoping for a co-headliner to Pixies on Friday. Chemical Brothers and Band of Horses are the only bands on my radar that seem to be available that day...

The Chems play Benicassim a week later...

22 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The National :P would like Chemical Brothers too though

The National would be great.

Anyone there last year who can provide some detail on the food and drinks sold on site? Unfortunately been to a few festivals sponsored by Heineken where sales of anything more interesting than bland Dutch lager was banned.

48 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I read somewhere about litre bucket size drinks of spirit and mixer that were half spirit for 15 euros

search around for some reviews and you'll find mention of the drinks :P

Thanks! Found some brilliant reviews, certainly raised my spirits.

I went to BBK last year with Stoke Travel and had an awesome time! The people that work and travel with them are some of the greatest I have met on my travels. I am thinking of going with them again this year and doing the Bulls, Surf & BBK package which looks amazing, surfing, Running of the Bulls and BBK! I could use a travel buddy if anyone wants to join me : )

http://stoketravel.com/trips/the-running-of-the-bulls/

On 8 April 2016 at 2:40 PM, Emthe babe said:

I went to BBK last year with Stoke Travel and had an awesome time! The people that work and travel with them are some of the greatest I have met on my travels. I am thinking of going with them again this year and doing the Bulls, Surf & BBK package which looks amazing, surfing, Running of the Bulls and BBK! I could use a travel buddy if anyone wants to join me : )

http://stoketravel.com/trips/the-running-of-the-bulls/

Not sure how I feel about the bulls thing TBH.