James?

EIaine

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

I feel the same as you but I think it's because I've never lived in one place for longer than 5 years, up until my most recent place, so I've never really had a chance to develop these tribal feelings of loyalty to anywhere. You've lived a similar life haven't you?

Not really, I mean I've lived ina  few different countries as an adult, but as a kid, pretty much the same area, I just can't figure out why you'd be proud of where you dropped out of your Mum's fanny. I mean it's not like you had any say in the matter.

Actually, you know what, i reckon scruffs has hit the nail on the head.

39 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That's cos of the shithole from whence you originate. ;-) 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Barrows a dump. Maryport is where its at, man.

Although Showaddywaddy are playing in Barrow tomorrow night. So there is that.

I lived in barrow for about 18 months. One road in, one road out. Dark, dark days.

I thought I was an expert on that part of the world, but I've never been to maryport dammit!

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

I feel the same as you but I think it's because I've never lived in one place for longer than 5 years, up until my most recent place, so I've never really had a chance to develop these tribal feelings of loyalty to anywhere. You've lived a similar life haven't you?

Football's worse though. Those knuckle daggers actually beat people up for having the nerve to be born elsewhere.

That being said, the Mancunians love for their local bands is unlike anything else in music in this country I think. When I lived in Liverpool people there always put it down to lingering beatles envy. 

Quite possibly. You definitely hear that lot bang on about The Roses and Oasis more than Scousers do The Beatles, when it should surely be the other way around. Who knows.

47 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I lived in barrow for about 18 months. One road in, one road out. Dark, dark days.

I thought I was an expert on that part of the world, but I've never been to maryport dammit!

Famous solely because The Bounty set sail from there with Anthony Hopkins & Mel Gibson before the mutiny and the founding of an inbreeding colony on Pitcairn.

I really should google this stuff to see if it's true.

16 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No idea to be honest. I thought that after I posted. He's probably the only regular that I don't even know if he's a whining northern misery or a moaning southern cant, never mind an exact region. 

I bet he's a toff from surrey. Dorking or somewhere ghastly like that...

Just now, russycarps said:

I bet he's a toff from surrey. Dorking or somewhere ghastly like that...

Margate. It's a shithole alright. But i left when I was 20 or something. Never been back. Last 20 years have been Slovakia, UK, Slovakia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Russia, Slovakia, Russia.

Just now, Mardy said:

Margate. It's a shithole alright. But i left when I was 20 or something. Never been back. Last 20 years have been Slovakia, UK, Slovakia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Russia, Slovakia, Russia.

Harsh! I did a day trip to margate this summer. Both me and my girlfriend loved it! Much better than fancy broadstairs. 

It's no whitstable though

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

You can keep your Bratislava and all that palava.....

Just now, russycarps said:

Harsh! I did a day trip to margate this summer. Both me and my girlfriend loved it! Much better than fancy broadstairs. 

It's no whitstable though

It's got a lot better, still has a lot of problems, but compared to 25 years ago...

49 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Is a Mardy someone from Margate then?

Slovakia, UK, Slovakia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Russia, Slovakia, Russia...

Reads like Placebo tour of countries in which they're still popular.

Edited by Woffy

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Is a Mardy someone from Margate then?

Slovakia, UK, Slovakia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Russia, Slovakia, Russia...

Reads like Placebo tour of countries in which they're still popular.

You've rumbled me, I'm really Brian Molko. 

21 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

A bit needy there badlands :-) 

I'm the same though. If I post something really funny and it gets ignored i get really angry. 

Cue lots of 'we'd comment if you ever actually posted anything funny' type posts. 

HAHAHAHA!

GOOD ONE, SCRUFFY! LOLZ!

Oh.

38 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

A bit needy there badlands :-) 

I'm the same though. If I post something really funny and it gets ignored i get really angry. 

Cue lots of 'we'd comment if you ever actually posted anything funny' type posts. 

The indignation of seeing one of the few nuggets I’ve posted go unnoticed clearly outweighed the exposure of my insecurity!!