James?

EIaine

9 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Best of. Then the three albums seven, laid and whiplash. 

I'd avoid the recent ones to start with. 

Pleased to Meet You is also fantastic, La Petite Mort worked brilliantly live. The live double album "Getting Away With It..." from before their hiatus is also well-worth checking out to get an idea of the live sound. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

Aren't James notorious for playing recent stuff and ignoring some classics?

No, not at all. Saw them at Worcester Racecourse last year and it was basically a hits set with 3-4 from their latest album at the time.

Edited by wozwebs

46 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

Aren't James notorious for playing recent stuff and ignoring some classics?

43 minutes ago, Woffy said:

That's what I heard.

Any recent setlists knocking about?

No set list I can find but at Bearded Theory last year it was jam packed with hits......... 3 from the last album I think but other than that hits all the way.

They will no doubt play classics like Laid and Sometimes, but also expect to hear a few songs from the new album (Girl at the end of the world) and the previous album (la petite mort). You won't be guaranteed to hear Sit Down either, though i wouldn't be surprised if they opened with that.

Would definitely advise people to check out the new album, it may surprise you if your expectation is that everything may sound like laid or sit down

18 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Yes, must be an urban myth that one. They play some fan club type shows where they may play all new tracks but at a festival they just blast out the hits

Well at the album launch show (600ish fans) they played 10 out of the 12 new album tracks, but a good smattering of oldies in there too including my favourite track by far "Born of Frustration".

Edited by marketsqhero

34 minutes ago, marketsqhero said:

Isle of Wight setlist from last year, although that must only have been a 40 minute slot.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/james/2015/seaclose-park-newport-england-5bc93be0.html

Far too short a set at IOW, but even in that short time they really got the crowd going, how long is the 11am opening slot at Glastonbury? 

4 hours ago, grayfitz said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35862867

BBC saying James are Other Stage opening act on Friday.

this news has made my day!! superb 

was too hungover for the cribs last year but will have to try harder at getting an early'ish night on the thursday now :ph34r:

definitely worth it for james :D

Very very happy with this news :D

Finding out who the Friday opener is early is a bit of a 2 edged sword for me. I can do without the crashing disappointment when someone naff trots out at 11am, but I may just about have pissed my pants in excitement if I didn't know and this lot popped up!