James?

EIaine

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, marketsqhero said:

Excellent news, was at the album launch party a few weeks back at the Manchester Academy 2. The new album is great, however I suspect it'll be mostly a Greatest Hits set which is fine by me! B)

Seeing them in Brixton next month too. So happy to see a "proper" set from them then and for them to bring the hits at GF.

On 3/2/2016 at 4:34 PM, eastynh said:

Mate I love James, have loved them all my life, but they would not even make the top 4 if the league was just made up from Manchester bands.

They are a fantastic band who thrive on operating on the outskirts of the mainstream, they have a massive cult following which has stuck with them all the way. IMO they are the Everton of the league.

best band in the world then squire!

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While I poke a lot of fun at this lot - and at the Friday Other Stage Opening Slot in general - it's difficult to see how they won't maker a better fist of it than The Charlatans or Beady Eye.

I wouldn’t say that Charlatans did a lot wrong, its just a horrible slot. Most of the people in the field will only be there because there is nothing else on at that time.

I hope they nail it, but have my doubts.

Sweet mother of god, I've just seen this news on the sidebar.  Fan-feckin-tastic booking.  I had to give up tickets due to illness the last time I had the opportunity to see them, sounds like a perfect way to start the festival with a smile to me.

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Big hits such as Tomorrow, Destiny Calling, She's a Star. 

Just stick any of those on youtube and listen to what follows.  Born of Frustration, Sound and Out to get you are also big favourites in my house.